Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something I have been working with.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I have been working with.......

Just a few little snapshots of the Full Black Moscows I have been tweeking on. I have had these for well over 2 years, and have been working on getting a HUGE Delta tail on them, not to mention taking any blue color some might have off them. Resulting in a Hardy, strong backed, dark black, very long finned beautiful pure strain Guppy! Been working on a swallowtail and ribbon fin of this type as well.....just not ready to unveil yet.

BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Does the big tail make them any tastier or easier to catch for real fish?)
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_chair View Post
      Does the big tail make them any tastier or easier to catch for real fish?)
      Who says guppies aren't real fish! I have had a little of everything, just love my gupps! Plus, yall will be proud when we get the rest of the addition on the house. Got plans (already in the blue prints) for a 200-300 gallon tank as a room divider for bedroom/gameroom. Still trying to think of what to put in it. Was thinking Tangs, or Angels/tetras. Don't want discus yet...not ready for that plunge, even thought about some oscars, and other aggressive cichlids.

Comment

nice guppies. i started trying to do the same with the black moscows i had but now work alot.

as for the room divider, i also have one comming along. i just recently got a house and i bought a 210g to go between my living room and dinning room. im going with malawi haps and peacocks.
        fishless

Comment

Great job, LMRC!!
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
            nice guppies. i started trying to do the same with the black moscows i had but now work alot.

as for the room divider, i also have one comming along. i just recently got a house and i bought a 210g to go between my living room and dinning room. im going with malawi haps and peacocks.
            Cool, Cool. I am undecided for now as to what to go with, for some reason Angels, and tetras have me mezmorized.

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
              Great job, LMRC!!
              Thanks!

Some people really don't look at guppies as hard to breed, they aren't really, but thats what can make them hard. If you are aiming for the correct color, size or fin type. You have to do a lot of watching your babies, and get them sexed as quick as you can before anyone breeds. Then you have to wait for them to grow some more, and cull, and cull, and cull. Pick who you think would do the best together to get the outcome you are looking for, and the whole mess starts over again. This can take years, like my blacks, I have been working with for over 2 years now to finally achieve what I am happy with showing. Selective breeding can be tough work no matter what the fish, and just cause they are small, and not aggressive, should not make them any less of a fish. Some of the smallest fish in the world pack some of the best color, vividness, and awesome patterning then some of the biggest. Just another case of bigger is not always better in my book....)
              Last edited by lilmissruffcountry; 05-18-2010, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Those are some beautiful guppies! We worked with them for a while until my daughter decided she liked working with her platies more. And I agree that smaller can be just as amazing as the bigger fish. She has came out with some amazing looking platies, white mickey mouse with the tattoo pattern and red fins. Keep up the great work, good colored blacks are not easy to come by and sell for a pretty $ when you do find them.
                "I will not buy another fish, I will not buy another fish....dang where did that come from???" )

Comment

cool

Comment

Originally posted by dukeonelove View Post
                    cool
                    Thanks...working on them still, and a couple new ones too!

Comment

Working...
                    X