Another Place to Buy Corals Thread - South Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Place to Buy Corals Thread - South Houston

I'm down in santa fe near league city. Is there a place down here or close to the area that has a decent selection with good prices? I go to the fish bowl in pearland, but every coral is $50+.

I'd like to get a few corals for my tank to start filling it in a bit. Doesn't have to be huge corals, I just don't want tiny plugs, especially at $10-15 each. I know the hobby isn't cheap, but I know people are getting great deals on a lot of things somehow.

Mainly looking at some frog spawn or torch for my clowns, as well as some brain or other easy/medium difficulty corals. Running 4x65w PC's on a 90 gallon tank. Will be upgrading to dual 250w MH in a couple months when I can afford it.

Thanks
    Last edited by DustinB; 05-11-2010, 09:50 AM.

I think there is a decent store on I-45, around Bay Area that is strictly saltwater. I'm not into saltwater, but I've heard good reviews about the store. There used to be a local fish store map on this site, but I can't find it anymore. It was listed on there though.

Comment

I was told that All About Fish near Almeda mall has exceptional corals and carries real rare stuff and their SPS are in great condition which you dont find at a lot of places.
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

The store at I-45 and Nasa Rd 1, Bay Area Aquarium, is closed.
        All about Fish at I-45 near Almeda mall is a good store but the corals are big colonies which are expensive.
        In Texas City, there is Frags& More, a little cheaper.
        281-678-7467
        www.fragsandmore.com

Comment

Talked to Mike today at ADG and looked at some of his set-up. This may be the place to go to get high quality corals. His display tank that he is going to sell out of is awesome.
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. I talked to the guy at fragsnmore. Going by there this weekend.

Comment

I have been in all about fish once and they were very friendly and clean. They should be close to you. They also sell rods food,The only reason I went to there store.But if I was shopping for coral I would check them out. Very wide selection. I am unsure of the prices thou.

Comment

I ended up going by fragsandmore saturday and picking up a few things. Had some great prices. Picked up some pink zoas, pulsing xenia, and some green star polyps.

Don has a great looking tank with a lot of different frags and small colonies for sale, he also has the large mother colonies in the tank. He was more than willing to share a lot of info with me. Great place to go if you're looking for something.

Comment

Working...
                X