Vortech experience!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortech experience!!!!

Holy cow does this thing move some water. Somebody slap me up side the head for not picking one of these things up sooner. No more closed loop for me. I even think my sand bed looks brighter. Was running a baracuda for flow and the vortech has so many benefits: less power, less heat, veriable flow. The tangs love the flow. They have been swining in it all day. Its kind of like a circus ride watching them take turns riding the current. Thanks vortech for an awsome product. Just got to get use to the hum they make.

it shouldn't be making an annoying humming noise.i could be wrong but are you sure you set the glass thickness right?
    25g - Reef
    3.5g - Surge Tank
    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Originally posted by steved350 View Post
      Just got to get use to the hum they make.
      They do make a humming noise. Some more than others depending on the balance of the wetside and dryside magnets.

If you have wetside separation I would just send it in. They will replace the wetside for sure. They may also redo the dryside.

I have to say, ecotech has the best customer service I have ever dealt with!
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Move the wetside around back & forth to try and remedy the hum... I've had some that worked themselves out.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I got it to quiet down allot by moving the wet side around till the magnets were happy. I have it set on Reef Crest so it is constantly changing speed which makes it more noticeable. I can definitely live with it. Vortechs Rock

Comment

i love mine as well
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
            28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Dude, get the battery back up Darby.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

On the 90
                Resident fish bum
                330G FOWLR
                34G Reef
                330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                X