My new discus tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new discus tank

Had this tank for awhile now but finally have some nice fishes stocked in it.

looks good huy!! love the half circle and those discus look good and healthy. can you get a pic of the stand/canopy it looks nice from what i can see.
    25g - Reef
    3.5g - Surge Tank
    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Wow, what a great tank! I love the half-circle, too. How many gallons is it?
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Looks nice for me, the semi circle tanks are excellents show tanks.
        Just one suggestion: do not mix angel with discus and less if you got small discus as tankmates.
        Also please could you post a short description of your setup?
        Last edited by mgarrido; 03-31-2010, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Good job. Nice set up Huy
          100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
          30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

+1 i would reccomend moving the angel to another tank. for several reasons. Aggression and parasites.
            People who stand for nothing will fall for everything.

30 cube ( Hi tech planted)(for sale)
            29 bio cube (reef)
            20 cube (kids tank)

Comment

Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
              looks good huy!! love the half circle and those discus look good and healthy. can you get a pic of the stand/canopy it looks nice from what i can see.
              Thanx Mike! Just took a pic of the full tank for you

Comment

that tank is 100% baller!!!!
                25g - Reef
                3.5g - Surge Tank
                10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
                  Wow, what a great tank! I love the half-circle, too. How many gallons is it?
                  Not sure the exact size of the tank. I calculated the dimesion and the volume equals to about 62 gal.

Originally posted by mgarrido View Post
                  Looks nice for me, the semi circle tanks are excellents show tanks.
                  Just one suggestion: do not mix angel with discus and less if you got small discus as tankmates.
                  Also please could you post a short description of your setup?
                  I got these guys along with the angels from a friend. I don't think he had any problem with the fishes . I'm pretty much new to discus so any comments, advices are welcomed.

Not much going on with the tank right now. Just have a Ehiem 2117 setup with 3 level of media. Leslie's pool filtered sands ( thinking about changing it out to some black and whites sands). Some cheap t8 fixtures from home depot. Looking from a higher temp bulbs since the current ones making the water too yellowish. Gonna add a powerhead soon.

Originally posted by thomas View Post
                  Good job. Nice set up Huy
                  Thanx Thomas. You got ur discus tank setup yet?

Comment

Angels are more agressive feders and also Angels can carry diseases that discus are prone to catching because they are not as amune as most other fish. But use your common sense dude, you got a couple of 100's in discus stock and a couple of $$$ in angels, believe me.... you don't want your discus sick because they are not easy to cure.

Comment

nice tank but +1 on the angels, ive heard some horror stories
                      I make people happy

Comment

Working...
                      X