Bean-shaped pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean-shaped pond

Okay, we have a bean - shaped pond @ church that I would like to get up and running. The pump which is currently on the pond is :
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-25.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-26.jpg[/IMG] Beckett G325 - For medium ponds | PDF

300 gallons/hour @ 1' lift

Low maintenance direct drive design
    Not oil-filled
    Environmentally safe
    16' Cord
    Requires 1/4" MNPT or 1/2" I.D. tubing for connection

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-27.jpg[/IMG]http://www.macarthurwatergardens.com/beckett-water-gardening/beckett-G325-versa-gold-pump.shtml

So my question is: Is this pump sufficient enough to sustain some Comet goldfish in the pond? If not, what would I need to pull this off?
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-24.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-23.jpg[/IMG]

I'm not a pond guy but goldfish are great makers of green water. You need a good filter system if you want to see the pretty fish swim in the pond. The more fish, the more filter you will need. An IR steralizer to kill the alge would be a big plus. 300gph at 1' is hardly enough for a pretty fountain splash.
    got any idea of how many gallons of water the pond holds ?

Last edited by PhishPhreek; 03-27-2010, 01:14 AM.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering about that. At any rate, I did decide on a filter which is recommended and compatible w/ the pump already being use.

I would say that the pond is in the neighborhood of maybe 200-300 gals....in my best guesstimate. I would put a handful of Comets in there, so I don't think overstocking would be an issue.

Comment

Working...
      X