Pea puffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pea puffer

Anyone have any expearance with pea puffers? I'm loooing for some feedback from someone who has actually had them in there tanks. I'm looking to put 1-2 in a 20gal heavly planted tank with some cardnials and cherry shrimp. But I haven't actually talked to anyone whe has had them just the "experts" who say don't. And there only reason for that commet is becouse "they" said they will nip the fins ( they also said the same about my GSP and it has yet to nip anything but my finger). I want to know of anyone has has them and actually had them nip fins?

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    -Stephen Roberts

I've had them before and never had problems with nipping fins. If you're going to put them with cardinals, the cardinals should be fast enough to get away if you happened to get some puffers who had a tendency to nip, and plus, cardinal fins aren't long and flowing, which seems to be an unavoidable temptation for fish who are predisposed to nip fins.

The only thing I would worry about is your RCS. Pea puffers are small enough that I don't think they'd go after the adults, but they will probably keep your baby RCS population in check.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Re: Pea puffer

Thank you that was some very useful information. Liking back I guess I should have posted this in the puffer section but they are going into my planted tank so that is where u went 1st.

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
      -Stephen Roberts

Comment

I'll go ahead and move it for you. :)
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Re: Pea puffer

Thanks

-Stephen Roberts

Comment

Working...
          X