Book(s) or Other Sources to Identify Crayfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book(s) or Other Sources to Identify Crayfish

Anybody Info on books or other sources to help me identify different types of crayfish I'd appreciate help. This last weekend I caught several different kinds and I had NO idea there were so many types. I caught maybe 3 or more dwarf types plus 3 or 4 larger types plus lots of different babies...Thanks
    Have Net Will Travel

I have spoke with Dan Johnson and he has been diligently cataloging all the Texas Crayfish species for a book I believe. You could try asking him, last time we spoke he was interested in any that I had caught. His website is http://www.dan-johnson.net/biota/houston_biota.html
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

A little checking on Google has uncovered a book and website about crawfish in Texas by S.K.Johnson and his son Ken called "Texas Crawdads" and their website: www.texascrawdads.com.
      I haven't gotten a copy of the book yet, but their research seems pretty exhaustive and I plan to get a copy ASAP
      Have Net Will Travel

Comment

From the site you linked, riofrio:

The book depicts animals that are likely to be caught along with crawfish Color photos present Texas crayfish in actual size. Species are presented individually and as recognizable groupings. Multiple photos of each species help readers better understand the potential for variation of appearance in an individual species.

Sounds perfect! I wish more books followed this philosophy.
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
        X