Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

+1 to City Pets. Good Store & Return Policy (story to prove it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 to City Pets. Good Store & Return Policy (story to prove it)

I went from high light & planted tank to a low light tank. yada yada..

I had just sold my aquaticlife 72in light. I liked the light & its features I wanted to get the smaller version for my new low light setup.

Anyhow... I purchased the 24 aquaticlife light from city pets Jan 30th. I wanted it 'now' and didnt wanted to order it online. Plus the price was the same vs online give or take 5 bucks. I was sad, I got home and the light wouldn't power on. I also noticed the control panel had a dent in it. After owning the 72in the small 24in should of been a breeze right at setup? Turns out my was DOA or damaged in shipping...

I called the city pets and they said no problem.... We will order you a replacement it will be here in by next weekend.
    (I bought the last one they had in stock)

Odd part of the story:
    Anyway, after 'Matt in Houston' and I were done rescaping my tank he picked up the light. Hes like I am going to shake it a few times to see if it turns on. It was already DOA to me, so best of luck I was thinking. A few shakes we could here something ratting around inside the unit, at first we thought it was the "bulb" indicators that show if you used the bulbs were used or not. But something inside the unit was rattling inside. One harder shake and POOF the thing powers up....No way right?

Anyways...
    It still had a rattle inside the unit, I wasnt going to trust the unit. I still highly recommend a aquaticlife light if you need lights. I got my replacement a week later as promised by city pets.

So I just wanted to share my story and say

Thanks City Pets for backing your products.

-Ryan
    Last edited by mhx; 02-08-2010, 08:12 PM.

I purchased a Aquatic Life 72" 8 T5-HO and really liked it at first, and then not even 5-6 months later the ballast on the 10K went out. I would be a little cautious with their quality.

This is really great what City Pets had done for you, they are some real good dudes.
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Ive had no problems with my 36" Aquatic Life, and it seems to be of good quality...I think Ryan's was just defective from the start, probably damaged/dropped during shipping. It had a dent in the LCD screen when we took it out of the box.

Post up some pics of the new 'scape!
      15g column BB low-tech driftwood/planted - Dwarf Puffer Tank :lupe:

Comment

Working...
      X