Pond Heater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pond Heater?

I'm wanting to get some sort of pond heater for my 450g and 250g ponds, but my dad doesn't want to use alot of electricity. I've tried runing water through black piping and running water over pondliner. Should I go out and buy a cheap solar pannel and heater? I have turtles in the ponds which is why I'm wanting to heat them.

Thanks! :)
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

I'm not sure what would be your best bet......I would call a pond supply store or something like that.....see what they recomend....?

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

i would bring the turtles inside into a 10 gallon or something until this cold snap clears out next week....that's what i would do.....

Comment

Google shopping shows that Sears carries pond heaters. Otherwise, you can have one shipped in, but that might take longer than you need.

Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
        • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
        • 29g Planted - Journal
        • 29g Planted
        • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

this is interesting

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Everyone i've spoke to has told me we did not need heaters in our climate. But........seems we do for this cold snap. I've lost at least 1 fish in our big pond since yesterday. Scared to go outside and look this morning and see the damage from last night. Friday is just going to get colder still. We have decided to mainline a 1.5kw spa heater w/ thermostat control to our main pond. Of course we have over 2k gal to warm up. Your situation is a little easier to maintain by bringing the turtles in or getting one of the heaters fshfrk or complexity mentioned.
            Patrick
            Like the ZEN master says "we'll see"

Comment

Working...
            X