Free to any home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free to any home

My spouse set up a fish tank last week. On a recent walmart trip she purchased a puffer fish. It is greenish in color with lots of spots. That little guy is driving her and all its tank mates nuts. It loves to nip fins. She wants it gone. We are in northwest Houston.

i want it but any pics
    10g Community Planted Aquarium
    10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
    55g Saltwater Aquarium-
    20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
    20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
    YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

Does it look like this?

If so, it's a fish that needs brackish to full saltwater.
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by makatak123 View Post
        i want it but any pics
        Please do your research. Puffers are largely antisocial and often require their own tank. As MB pointed out alot of them need to be acclimated to brackish/full saltwater in later life. They are not the easiest fish to keep so be sure you know what you are getting in to.
        120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
        180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

Yes he looks like that photo. And if anyone wants him he is available just send me a PM

Comment

Maybe put a thread up in the "free stuff" forum under "the marketplace". If no one takes him (I wish I had a spare tank for him), maybe you could sell him to a fish store.
            Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

Originally posted by OrandaMan View Post
              Maybe put a thread up in the "free stuff" forum under "the marketplace".
              Thanks! I didn't even notice this was in the Puffer forum. It has been moved. :)
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Green Spotted puffer. Brackish water while young, full salt when older. Aquarium World off of 290 and Hollister will give you a fish credit for it. It won't be what you paid for it but if you cannot find a taker it is a good option.

Comment

I would take it but I don't want to go to Northwest Houston to get it. Not worth the $5 I can go get one for myself at Walmart.

Comment

I have one in a 29g by itself - fresh water - has been doing great - a snail eating machine!
                    1 - 29 gal - Breeding Pair Green Terror w/fry
                    1 - 29 Gal -Two white saum green terror
                    1 - 75 gal - Pleco & Green Terror
                    1 - 75 gal - 25+ Green terror, Botia
                    1 - 100 gal - Community Tetras & Barbs & clown loaches & LG pleco
                    1-120 gal - Frontosas, & Blood Parrot & Green Terror, 2 LG plecos

Comment

Working...
                    X