Puffer with Silver Arowana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer with Silver Arowana?

Hi, me and the wife just found this site and are very excited.

We have an issue,

I have an 55 gallon long tank with 2 small kife fish, a small polypterus (bichirs), and a brand new 8in Silver Arowana wich we love.

Anyways, we both called in sick yesterday to check out the cool pet stores in Houston you guys have in your libary link on this site.

And the wife found a (MBU Puffer?) fish at one store that did not look like the typical puffers we have seen for freshwater.

Anyways the rear of this puffer is gone, all of its rear tail and some of its rear body.

We where told that any puffer will kill any tank mates???

Could he live in my tank?

If not do you think he could live in the wifes tank? A 150 gallon with a lot of chiclilads and firemouths, and pariot fish.

Thank you for for your help..

these puffers are best for species only tank as in one ....)....they get very large and they are preditors and very aggressive toward other fish, they will probably end up killing any tank mates.
    did you buy this puffer already injured?...

Comment

I second fishlady. Mbu puffers get HUGE and are really only suitable in a one-puffer-per-tank setting. One-puffer-per-REALLY-HUGE-tank setting, that is. Check out the sticky in this puffer subforum for info on freshwater puffers. The Mbu is towards the end. :)
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Here ya go. The Mbu is the last one:

Freshwater Puffers, Brackishwater Puffers, Saltwater Puffers. No matter what kind of puffer you have, share your stories here.
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
        X