aquarium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aquarium

How to i make a homemade aquarium??i wana make a aquarium but i dont know how.
    10g Community Planted Aquarium
    10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
    55g Saltwater Aquarium-
    20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
    20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
    YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Take some glass and silicone it together. :)
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Is there a particular reason that you want to build one? You can find great deals on used ones here and on craigslist.
      Jarrod - Houston, Texas
      150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
      17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
      5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
      3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodaden View Post
        Is there a particular reason that you want to build one? You can find great deals on used ones here and on craigslist.
        I can think of one good reason. I've got a high dollar entertainment center that a new TV won't fit into, but a tank would! Custom making one to the exact dimensions would be awesome. There will be zillions of old entertainment centers out there once everyone's old TVs crap out.
        55g Planted- Malawi and Victorian Cichlids
        35g Cube- P. Saulosi, Petrochromis, Sunshine Peacocks
        20L Planted- RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Neon Tetras, Snails
        2.5g Planted- Snails, RCS

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodaden View Post
          i wana make a cheap 50g aquarium for my living room.on craigslist i can't find any good deals.
          10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
          55g Saltwater Aquarium-
          20gL-Leopard Gecko

Comment

do you have the glass already? or do you have somewhere to cut it for you.

For small tanks, it is usually cheaper to find one online than to make one.

Comment

Originally posted by Somefishguy View Post
              do you have the glass already? or do you have somewhere to cut it for you.

For small tanks, it is usually cheaper to find one online than to make one.
              +1
              Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
              Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

well, i dont know how to make it so i did not buy the glass yet.
                10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
                55g Saltwater Aquarium-
                20gL-Leopard Gecko

Comment

you are much better off just finding one either online here or on craigslist.

it will be cheaper and easier

Comment

nah, i wanna make one im so bored!
                    10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
                    55g Saltwater Aquarium-
                    20gL-Leopard Gecko

Comment

have fun.. keep us posted

Comment

what measurements are you looking to build? I have one that I think is around 46 gal, and I had thought of putting it in place of the tv in an entertainment center.

Comment

I invented entertainment centers in about 1968; I designed one with a deep 20 using an oak 4X4 for support. Comercial entertainment units are not stong enough to support much more than a 10 gal.
                          As others have said; buying an aquarium is cheaper than buying the glass. And if you find glass , it could be "brittle" if it is very old.
                          I have a 55 with a broken side that you can have ; I don"t think it is worth the cost of glass for one side to repair.

Comment

A gallon of water weighs about 8.3 pounds. That is over 300 pounds for 40 gallons of water without the tank, substrate, etc.

Even if the entertainment center will hold the weight, they are often built with cheap particle board that doesn't handle water very well at all.

I think you have a cool idea but be careful. It would be a shame to ruin a new tank and an entertainment center.
                            Jarrod - Houston, Texas
                            150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
                            17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
                            5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
                            3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

Originally posted by blacksmith37 View Post
                              I invented entertainment centers in about 1968; I designed one with a deep 20 using an oak 4X4 for support. Comercial entertainment units are not stong enough to support much more than a 10 gal.
                              As others have said; buying an aquarium is cheaper than buying the glass. And if you find glass , it could be "brittle" if it is very old.
                              I have a 55 with a broken side that you can have ; I don"t think it is worth the cost of glass for one side to repair.
                              If only you knew how cheap glass really can be....) Some places it is even FREE
                              BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

Working...
                              X