A trip to Jack Wattley Discus in Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trip to Jack Wattley Discus in Miami

I visited their warehouse in April when i went to visit the old neighboorhood. I went on a sunday i gave Gabriel Posada(the guy who runs the place) a call and he was out with his kids, and to stop by later so we did and i have to say this place was SUPER hard to find we had a GPS and we looked everywhere and we couldnt find the place until we ran into Gabriel on his way in and we follwed him in. If you look at the plcae from the outside it looks like a car mechanic shop but once you get in its filled with beautiful fish everywhere.(i went in the summer temp was 100+) and when i entered the humid, sticky, fishroom and i was sweating like crazy. the place isnt that big i came in around water change time so i helped him with his auto water chnge system(preety sweet).every tank had a hose in it all you had to do was turn on the suction and clean the poop off the bottom. in the time it takes me to siphon my 29 gallon with a python i helped him siphon 3 tanks(SUPER SUCTION)filling took a littl bit longer but was still fast. he had a custom(peat bomb) thing to put acidic water in all the tanks with pairs in them, the thing was hige it stood 6 feet tall and water trickled through coke crates with peat in them its preety hard so explain and since i was so hypnotized with all the fish i forgot to take pictures of it.

(Oh BTW Jack Wattley doesnt even set foot in the place it is completely run and operated by Gabriel I went in there expecting to see the "king of discus" and get my TFH mags autographed but oh well...)

Ill post pics tomorrow i cant find the adapter for my SD card
    Last edited by DiscusKid; 10-16-2009, 11:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
    And it begins...

Here are some pics of the fish there:

Enjoy
    And it begins...

Comment

Working...
    X