new tank mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tank mates

I want to get some Invertebrates for a 30gal. I have a 4" red zebra and a 6" cat. would snails have a chance. Aslo would like to check out some crayfish. Any ideas

What kind of cat? That could make a huge difference. Although the zebra will restrict your options quite a bit.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

sydontis euphertus or angelicas. I'll see if i find which 1

Comment

eruptus

Comment

euphertus. dont know the correct spelling

Comment

Ditch both the zebra and cat....start a planted tank and have the kids help you select your plants and aquatic insects.....smiles.

CF
            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

That is a good thought. Or you just want the zebra

Comment

No...seriously.....I think you and especially the girls/kids...would love to put together a planted tank...I have thought about it several times, but have never gotten around to it.....see what the kids think about the idea....

I would rather you find someone else to adopt the two remaining fish you have....

CF
                Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

what kind of bottom(ie gravel,sand) does a planted tank have. And lighting must be a issue too. What are you tryinng to get me into? :)

Comment

most people use aquasoil...and PFS for the other areas...you could use power sand too but not necessary. 3watts per gallon is good if youre going high tech which you will need a CO2 set up as well. or you can go low tech with 1.5-2 WPG and some low light plants....planted tanks are gorgeous and i was gonna make my 20 into one but then my geos spawned and now its a nursery
                    I make people happy

Comment

if youre interested i have a brand new bag of aquasoil that i dont need anymore because im not going planted...pm me for a price if you decide to go planted
                      I make people happy

Comment

i will keep that in mind.Right now im tearing out all the bottom story floors and dont have the time to focus on a new set up right now. thanks for the info and ideas guys. This sounds like a must do in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                        X