my fire eel....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my fire eel....

ive had my fire eel in my 90g for about 4 days now and i havent gotten him to eat.....he is in the tank with 3 clown loaches, 8 great danios and a tiger pleco and raphael cat. He is very active for an eel and swims all over my tank at night and in the morning as well as periodically throughout the day. ive tried feeding him rosy minnows by hand and i have 4 rosy minnows swimming in there now and ive tried freeze dried brine shrimp...i see him digging in the sand all the time and it seems like he might be find pieces of food but im not sure....HOW CAN I FEED MY EEL?
    I make people happy

I had a tire track eel for over 3 years, and in the beginning, I never seen him eat, but eventually, he would swim to the surface to take tublifex worm cubes out of my fingers....just give him time.

You may want to add a few shrimp pellets at night before you turn off the lights, I noticed mine like to scurry around and forage in the dark...

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

ive actually been doing that too just in case....everyone else eats fine...ill give it some time i guess
      I make people happy

Comment

I own tire track eels which are related. Mine LOVE Seachem's canned fly larvae and canned mealworms. They eat them like candy.
        PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

where do you get them at
          I make people happy

Comment

I USED to get them at Petsmart, but they seem to have discontinued them. I picked up some at the GHAC auction in May and at the last GHAC meeting. I'll have to start looking where else I can find them as well.
            PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

lol sounds pretty much unobtainable to me haha
              I make people happy

Comment

found some ghost shrimp after searching everywhere....took them home and caught one and put my arm down in the tank and brought it near my eels mouth...to my HUGE surprise he lunged at my hand and at the shrimp...i was SOOOO HAPPY and RELIEVED....i couldnt stop lol so i fed him 6 shrimp all throughout the night lol....im just glad i finally got my eel to eat
                I make people happy

Comment

Try night crawlers also. You can find them in the bait sections of Academy, Gander Mountain, and Walmart.
                  PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

Working...
                  X