can anyone fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone fix

can anyone fix a cracked tank? as in a 125 gal....and has expirience doing it
    210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
    125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
    10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

I pretty sure the answer lies in replacing the panel with the crack...but I'm no expert in tank repair....check with shop owners too....

Good Luck

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

yea you would have to replace the panel. glass is not cheap. i tried to replace the front pannel on my 110 and it was over 150 for the glass. thats more than what i paid for the tank.
      fishless

Comment

you could try ocean atlantis. not sure if he would do it but its worth a try.
        fishless

Comment

try duct tape (not really)
          altums 90 gallon
          fahaka puffer 68
          community 60 cube

can't find it make it
          can find it make it better

Comment

If your looking to buy one that is broken.... bad idea. You will be better off with not having to do all that work. Let me tell you it is alot of pain in the a-- work. Not worth it.

FF

Comment

I too also have a cracked tank, and from what I've heard from a aquarium manufacturer, they told me they can repair it but there is no telling if it will hold water or in the process chip glass doing it. It's also very labor intensive therefore costing almost as much as a brand new tank.

Comment

Your better off just replacing the tank.
                Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

that about fixing one with a small leak? can you jus silicone it really good?
                  210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
                  125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
                  10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Comment

Give Benny at Ocean Atlantis a call. He might sell you a panel that is cut to size and the edges grounded. It's probably not going to be tempered though....
                    www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Call Benny @ 713-927-6893 he replaced the back glass on my 210 and did a great job at a reasonable price with pick up and delivery. I know he does work for some of the local stores as that's who recommended him to me.

Bert

Comment

The easiest way to fix it is drill a small hole at each of the ends of the crack & get a piece of glass to cover all of the crack with about 1 inch over lay of the crack & silicone the glass on the tank. It will hold as I have done his on a 200 gallon tank.
                        Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                        Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                        Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Working...
                        X