DIY Driftwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Driftwood

Everytime i go into the woods and i see a cool piece of wood i drag it all the way home then not know what todo and throw it away. Ive heard that if i boil it, and soak it, it would be safe, any ideas on this?
    Last edited by DiscusKid; 08-18-2009, 02:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    And it begins...

If it's small enough to fit in a boiling pot, do that.

I use bigger pieces - stick them in a 55g drum out back and hold them down with a concrete block. Takes a few months but little effort.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

If it would stop raining id have a pot full of boilin wood already:evil: sigh oh well
      And it begins...

Comment

Not raining here!! What are your waiting on?? Just kidding!

FF

Comment

If you get wood that has weathered a couple years , I only need to hose off soil and creatures. (Like drift wood or stumps from a shoreline).
          I have a weighting technique of drilling holes and driving in steel rebar. Hint ; rebar is a bit larger than the nominal size, so you will need to drive/hammer a 1/2" rebar into a 1/2" hole.

Comment

Working...
          X