my old Fahaka Puffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my old Fahaka Puffer

this is my old Fahaka Puffer, these are the only pics i have of him unfortunatly, these pics are from when he was just 4"tl.
    he was 8.5" when he died do to a power outtage that lasted 36 hours while we were out of town

i will get another one one day, when i have a big enough tank to keep it in longterm.
    this guy was housed in a 29g for 3 months, then he got upgraded to a 60g (48x18x16)
    and lived in there until his untimly tragic death

anywho, heres a few pics

FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

btw, his name was Jasper:)
    he was so awesome!
    FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

I think Jasper was lucky to have somewhat of a long life with you anyway....thanks for sharing...

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

very handsome fahaka Jesper was Brian.....he was lucky to have had you for the time he did.....i know how you take care of your fishies.....
        i'm sorry that you lost him.....

Comment

Originally posted by TaTeR ToT View Post
          btw, his name was Jasper:)
          he was so awesome!
          He was cute.
          I've had my Fahaka puffer for 10 years now and still doing great. And I still thanks the geeks for caring for him in the aftermath of Ike. I was close to letting them keep him, but they thought I was losing my mind, so they declined the offer.
          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

thanks everyone!
            nick thats a bada$$ puffer you got there!
            whats his name?
            how big is he and what size tank would you say is a minimum for keeping one of the longterm?

i have heard differing tank sizes.
            i have read that the minimum for an adult Fahaka is 125g, but then i have read that they will do fine in a 55g?
            how long do you think i could keep a Fahaka in a 45g tall(36x12x24)?

i would be getting one at the same size i got Jasper at, which is 2"tl.

i like to get puffers young, as i beleive its much easier for a very small and young fahaka to get used his/her surroundings, and i beleive it is a much quicker transition.

i will probably be getting the 45g sometime in the next few weeks.
            i just need to find a nice one for a good price first.
            they are not the easiest tank to come accross.
            especially one with thick glass like my old one, my old 45g had 3/8" glass and was an oceanic with black trim.
            FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

The size of tank I keep mine in is a secret, unless you have been to my place. Some would disagree with the tank size, but being that I keep the water clean and have a filter rated for a much higher tank helps. Like I said before, I have had him for 10 years. I got him from Fish Ranch 2 in 1999. He was marble sized then and cost me only $9.99. He is at least 7 inches now. His favorite food is Hikari massivore delight. He can easily crush mts. He also likes hikari carnivorous fish formulas (both floating and sinking), table shrimp, squid, clams, dried shrimp and krill, and shrimp pellets. I refrain from live feeders as I do not want to risk parasites. As for a name. Hmmm, I usually do not name my fish, but being that he has lasted 10 years, he deserves one. I'll ask my partner what puffer is in Tagalog (his native language), and if I like the sound of it, that will be his name.
              PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
                I was close to letting them keep him, but they thought I was losing my mind, so they declined the offer.
                You WERE losing your mind. No way we could have kept him and felt good about it. Even though he IS awesome, and I was instantly attached.

Tator ) - We keep our Fahaka (Homer) in a 75g and he does just fine. I run 2 XP3's on it and do weekly water changes. He's about 12 inches now. FYI - Yes, we know he's...er...big boned...but he's happy and healthy.

Our Fishhouse
                Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Nice pics everyone. I can't wait till lucy is that big.
                  ‎Haiku's are easy
                  But sometimes they don't make sense
                  Refrigerator

Comment

Working...
                  X