My new to me 110 tall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new to me 110 tall

Ok so I bought newbs 110 Yay. My wife and I are totaly stoked about it. We stayed up till 1 am getting it set up and taking down my 55 gal. Ran into an issue..boo. the tubing for my fluval 404 is to short. Go figgure!:furious: So I had to set the filter on a few bricks to reach the hose until I am able to get more tubing. We decided to go with leslies pool filter sand and it looks great with the rocks newb gave us. The tank is setteling today and will prob introduce the discus this evening. The sand settled in about 20 min, I thought that was awsome, compared to my last run in with suggar sand. The canopy off of my 55 gal fit the top of this monster and will work until I am able to build a canopy for it. The only draw back to this canopy is that is does not cover the back 3rd of the tank top. I will post some pictures this evening as well as any updates in the future.

By the way thank you Newb. My wife and I realy enjoyed getting to see your tanks. You have an awsome setup there.
    People who stand for nothing will fall for everything.

30 cube ( Hi tech planted)(for sale)
    29 bio cube (reef)
    20 cube (kids tank)

Better add this one to your signature.
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Be sure of test your parameters first, Discus are very sensitive to bad parameters, patience is the key.

Comment

yea thats why in wating till this evening. The 404 has ben running on my 55 gal for 2-3 months and should be cycled with plenty of bacteria. plus im still going to do WC every other day prob until the end of the year, or until i get them to the size i want. I will be testing the water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, as well befor adding the fish. I dont want to loose 13 discus. Ill prob add 2-3 this evening if everything checks out and see how they do first.

29 bio cube (reef)
        20 cube (kids tank)

Comment

Great! Can't wait to see some pictures.

Would you like this to be moved to the discus forum?
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

moved to the discus forun? I guess. sorry if I put under the wrong topic.

29 bio cube (reef)
            20 cube (kids tank)

Comment

No, no problem at all! I was just wondering if you'd rather have your new discus tank in the discus forum, that's all. I'll move it, and just let me know if you want it elsewhere. :)
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

excellent...Im glad to hear you got it up and running. thank you for the kind words about the apartment and my tanks. good luck with the rest of the setup...cant wait to see some pics.
                250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

ok sorry for the delay. I have a few to many projects going on around the new house. well here are the pictures that i just took . I used pool filter sand and the rocks that newb gave me. I will do more aqua scaping after the fish have finished growing out. the 2 biggest guys are around 5 to 5.5" I think. I am thinking of adding 50ish neon tetras to the mix. If anyone has any ideas on aqua scaping or fish please feal free to comment. enjoy...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by dustin; 06-22-2009, 03:18 PM.

29 bio cube (reef)
                  20 cube (kids tank)

Comment

congrats, beautiful tank and fish, i like your stand too, where did you get that? love the color of the sand and the rockwork is done very nicely, your fish all look happy and healthy

just a personal taste - for me i would think a little darker rock probably would pop more, but i also know sometimes pictures don't make things pop as much as they do in person, also, imo the fake plant (specifically this one because of red colors) takes away more than it adds, maybe some real vals in the corner would work better!
                    65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
                    55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
                    30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

nice discus
                      Last edited by specialone0812; 06-27-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Yes all the discus are from Dan at HAW. The plant was the only one I had setting arround that had some hight on it. I just put in in there for now. any sug. on aqua scaping are welcome. I was thinking maby some low light plants that are also easy to care for? any ideas?

29 bio cube (reef)
                        20 cube (kids tank)

Comment

Black background, vals, anubias and more wood. That tank could be a spectacular Discus show tank. What kind of lights are you running on it?

Comment

lol yea ill get to all that once they are all grown. the lights are a simple 48"shop light with dual t12's at 6500k. total light cost was $36. woo hoo. I will upgrade this in the future but it works for now.

29 bio cube (reef)
                            20 cube (kids tank)

Comment

" black background" man, you are not discus' fan. have you heard about peppermint on discus cause of dark background like black.
                              but yes, anubias , vals and driftwoods...

Comment

Working...
                              X