Mystery Snail Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Snail Colors

I've been keeping mystery snails for a while and my black and gold snails have managed to create hybrids. I have black body with yellow shells and yellow bodies with the striped black shells now.

I use to have a blue but it died before reproducing. I've read there's purples but I have never seen them in a store. And do these produce hybrids like the yellow/blacks I have?

Wow. I don't know the answers to your questions, but would you be willing to sell a couple of the hybrids? I didn't know it, but I'm thinking I'll wind up with some, too, now. I also have a black body/white shell, which should be interesting.

By the way, my yellow body/yellow shell asexually reproduced not too long ago, which I think is really, really neat. And the baby is cute.
    Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

Interesting, I was looking at my tank yesterday and saw a couple of dark body snails with white shells and blue spots on the snail!

I also saw a red bodied snail with darker shell

Comment

Do you have to have the water level down to have snails? Can I just put them in my 12G nano cube with the waterline all the way up at the top? Matt, are you selling some of those snails?

Comment

The only snail for which you have to worry about leaving room at the top would be the apple snail, in which case you would need about an inch above the water for it. Mystery snails are fine without it, but be careful - I've bought "mystery snails" from a couple of lfs who insisted they hadn't had apple snails in years just to find the siphon organ when watching them after I've gotten them home.
          Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

Yes, I am still selling the snails,.....for free. Please, come take them. If you have a puffer I also have a tank full of ramshorns. I've had 3 inquiries but when I gave them my phone number and address, they never bothered to contact me afterward.

If you have apple snails I will trade for those as well.

I also have enough red cherry shrimp now that I could sell some.

Comment

Working...
            X