Congo puffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congo puffer

Before I commit to any puffer I have been doing lots of research. Our experience has been with salt puffers. We've had dogface, pocupine and valentini puffers. Porcupine was my favorite and the most personable IMO. He was just like a puppy following you around.

Anyway, I never realized how many freshwater puffers there are. So cool! Yesterday I was watching a youtube video of a Congo puffer and I was wondering if anyone has seen one of these in any of the lfs locally.
    Karen

The last one I saw was at fish gallery. It's been a long time.
    A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

i see them at Fishrus on hwy 242 everytime i go there, they are like 3-4"tl and like $35.
      FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Have you ever seen a red one there?

Comment

i havnt, if i had it would be in 1 of my tanks lol.

i have seen some with some red, but nothing like the one in the avatar of the moderator on thepufferforum.

that is an AWESOME PUFFER!
          FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

City Pets has some new puffers. There's one in an unmarked tank and I thought at first it was a Congo, but after seeing it a second time I'm thinking it's a Suvatti. It's in a tank on the bottom next to some fahaka puffers.
            Karen

Comment

Red Congo puffers are really hard to find in the local fish store trade. You would probably have to talk to pufferpunk on the puffer forum and see where she got hers.
              Merritt Adkins
              Science Adviser/Marine Biologist

Got a question? Ask A Marine Biologist!

Check these cool sites out!
              Captive Aquatics: Houston Aquarium Service, Houston Aquarium Installation, and more!
              The Captive Aquatics Blog: aquarium articles, pictures, videos, product reviws, and more!

Comment

Pufferpunk is the reason I asked. I have been keeping an eye out and "If" I happen to come across one I'm going to let her know. I think it took her a couple of years the first time to find one.

Comment

i saw one on aquabid a few weeks ago, the buyitnow price was only $75, i was very temted, but didnt have a tank for it:|
                  FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

pufferpunks is a rare find!
                    hers has the best most pronounced red i think i have ever seen on a congo puffer, very beautiful fish.
                    the ones at fishrus are usually the tannish or brown with speckles.
                    FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

I thought I had seen one at fish gallery about 2 years ago, it was on the very top shelf and I wasn't quite tall enough to get a good look at it. ) It looked red but could have been more of an orange or rust color.

Comment

Working...
                      X