DIY CO2 generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY CO2 generator

have anyone here made DIY co2 bottle generator? where can i find the dry yeast or yeast to mix with water and sugar? how much co2 is enough for the 55g tank?

just use regular bread machine yeast. two 2 liter bottles should do it but run it through one diffuser. my cousin's 75g is growing like crazy with the same set up. 3 cups of sugar, 1.5 liter of R/O water or distilled, 1 tsp of yeast and 1/2 tsp of baking powder. shake it up and let sit for an hour, capped. you're good to go.

Comment

I have this super mix I came across back in the day.... maybe I should sticky it.

The mix can be strong enough to kill everything in the tank through overgassing!
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
        I have this super mix I came across back in the day.... maybe I should sticky it.

The mix can be strong enough to kill everything in the tank through overgassing!
        Please post it!
        Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

I have to pull it out of a folder that's on my phone but I will post it.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

waiting to see the recipe.

Comment

yeast

Isle 12 At Walmart right next to the BotTles Of Vinegar.

Comment

I now have twin 3L DIY co2 generators running under my 85 gallon. With one bottle running I get about 15 bubbles per minute with my current recipe, which isnt much but my tank isnt high light anyway. I just spliced in my second one this morning so Im hoping to double the output. I have the co2 bubbles running up the intake of my canister filter.

The 3L bottles are sold at Walmart in the drinks section as Walmart brand spring water. They are easier to handle and shorter than the 3L soda bottles. Weird thing is I tested the spring water out of curiosity and it had more nitrates than my tank water....oh and it was quite acidic.
                15g column BB low-tech driftwood/planted - Dwarf Puffer Tank :lupe:

Comment

Ek, if you cant find it i still have it!!

Comment

Originally posted by spyke1969 View Post
                    Ek, if you cant find it i still have it!!
                    Can you give it to us?

Comment

2 liter pop bottle you'll need
                      2 cups sugar
                      1/2 tsp yeast
                      1/2 tsp baking soda (Optional)
                      2 packs unflavored gelatine or

Make sure the bottle and your other equipment (e.g. funnel) are clean.

Dissolve the unflavored gelatine in 2 cups of cold water, then bring to a boil strirring until gelatine is dissolved.
                      Then pour into the 2 liter pop bottle and fill to about half way with cold water.
                      Add the sugar and baking soda and shake untill it's dissolved well.
                      Fill with cold water until it's about an inch below where the top of the bottle starts to curve and shake again.
                      Refrigerate until the gelatine sets.

Add warm water up to the point the bottle starts to curve, then add the yeast. swirl around to mix. (or you could do this in a cup and stir, then pour into the bottle). The solution should be at least 3 inches below the top of the bottle.

It's ready to cap and hook to the tank.
                      --eklikewhoa
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

What I did before was adjust the ingredients to work for a 3L Hawaiin punch bottle and it was able to sustain superb growth in a 20g with 96w of pc lighting.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

What he said!!!

Comment

If we can spyke can post pictures of his bypass/bubble counter set up.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X