Dark Discus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Discus

Well today after I bought a XL Pigeon Snakeskin from Dan, a couple of my discus in my tank are darker then usual. Any advice?

When I feed them, they turn back to color and all of them eat.

they are scared of the new "big guy". the darker discus were maybe the head males of the tank and now realize that they no longer hold the throne. I had two of mine do that and I had to put them in another tank/sell them cause after two weeks they still were not looking that good. The new one might even start picking at the other ones just to show his dominance.
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

when i feed my fish, ive been feeding them the granules two times a day and bloodworms at night. Can I just feed them all bloodworms? They dont seem to like the granules too much

Comment

like newb said, stress... i noticed my flowerhorn do that too... i feed my my discus blood worms in the morning, and then granules at night (i leave the light on all night, room stays dark all day).... i noticed that they will pick the granules off the bottom during the night(daytime for them)... you could try rearranging the tank, it changes the "territory" sections of the tank... worked for me when my cichlid/ fh fry were growing out and establishing themselves as dominant... try to wean em off bloodworms, and eventually balance the diet between bloodworms and granules... i had to starve a couple of mine to get em to eat granules... good luck

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
          they are scared of the new "big guy". the darker discus were maybe the head males of the tank and now realize that they no longer hold the throne. I had two of mine do that and I had to put them in another tank/sell them cause after two weeks they still were not looking that good. The new one might even start picking at the other ones just to show his dominance.
          Should I wait about two weeks to see what happens? Its happened to three discus. My leopard snakeskin, my leopard, and my semi-spotted wild green. When I leave the tank, they turn dark, but when I feed them, they are normal. Sad to see my discus like this, even though I love my new Pigeon Snakeskin.

Comment

time can only tell. mine was exactly the same. they would come eat and look fine...but as soon as I walked away he would go to the corner and just sit there by himself. (hey Jisatsuguy...how is that discus BTW)?
            250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Working...
            X