how to attach driftwood to a slate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to attach driftwood to a slate

does any one know how besides using glue or anything like tht?
    210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
    125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
    10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

get a drill and a srew and go to work...
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

its so hard without braking the slate o yea is it safe to put like counter top granite in a fish tank?
      210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat

Comment

go slow on the slate(it worked for me). as far as the granite...?
        250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

k cool imma try it l8r i think granite would look cool in my tank but thank for the help anyway

Comment

If possible, use a masonary bit, it makes it a tad easier.
            Make sure you DO NOT use a hammer drill
            Go slow.
            Wear Eye protection and breathing protection. It'll cause quite a bit of fine dust to fly.
            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Granite itself would be OK, but check to see if it has been treated or stabilized in anyway...most are...I don't know specifics about the treatments, there are so many of them. Also, make sure it is granite and not marble which could raise your pH.
              Silicone should also work if you don't want to drill...
              215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
              180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
              58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

thx do any of u guys know anyone with dovii or jaguar juveniles about an inch or less?

Comment

To prevent the dust from flying and the bit to over heat, use a spray bottle with water and spray it where you are drilling.
                  Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

carbide tipped dril bit and brass wood screws.

ceramic tile works well also
                    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Stainless steel screws would not put any copper into the water; but the amount coming from a couple of brass screws would not be a problem. Mostly the stainless is stronger.
                      The screws will hold longer in the wood if you use the plastic inserts (rawls ?) for drywall .
                      Hammer drill will be dramatically faster than a standard drill. I have not had problems with them. As the carbide/masonery bit breaks out on the back is when you may get some chipping.
                      I am going to have to try the hammer drill on glass and see what happens.

Comment

Since my tank was a nano, I used a plastic CD jewelcase cover, stainless steel screw + aquarium safe silicone

Comment

Working...
                        X