New Discus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Discus

I picked up four new wild RSG discus from Dan today. They're just settling in.. I'll get some pics up when they get comfy.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

cool how big?

Comment

Originally posted by JGUERRA View Post
      cool how big?
      4 to 5 inch sub-adults. They moved right into the school and the adults immediately showed the newbies their place in the food chain.

Mark
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

were they getting picked on a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by JGUERRA View Post
          were they getting picked on a lot?
          Not really...just pushed some and body slapped; typical dominance byplay with discus. Now they've figured out their place in the school and the alpha no longer feels the need to prove himself. Dan had some really beautiful greens again!

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

You know I had to do that. Your tank is amazing and I bet they look great in there. When my tank grows up it's going to look just like yours!
            Karen

Comment

Originally posted by thekarens View Post

You know I had to do that. Your tank is amazing and I bet they look great in there. When my tank grows up it's going to look just like yours!
              Pthththt!
              Thank you Karen, but your tank is gorgeous already. I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Yeppers, where's the , and just when exactly are you not going to be around, I have plenty of bacon to distract Shadow . I think FL and I need to make a "special" fish collecting trip in the very near future ).
                Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Comment

Nancy, I showed Shadow and Sophie pics of you and FL while whispering, "choke chain, no treats, straight to the pound". They're both really mad at y'all right now...bring it on.

I took some pics of the new ones tonight...

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Wow, they are gorgeous! Looks like they're settling right in.
                      Karen

Comment

Originally posted by thekarens View Post
                        Wow, they are gorgeous! Looks like they're settling right in.
                        They are Karen. The tank Alpha showed them their places in the school already and they are happy and eating.

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Looking awesome as always Mark!!

Did you switch from sand to Flourite??

Comment

Originally posted by wesleydnunder View Post
                            Nancy, I showed Shadow and Sophie pics of you and FL while whispering, "choke chain, no treats, straight to the pound". They're both really mad at y'all right now...bring it on.

I took some pics of the new ones tonight...

Mark

I will bring my secret weapons, Merlin and Rascal, so Shadow and Sophie will be preoccuppied. Really, the Discus look great and very contented where they are, for now
                            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Originally posted by naps View Post
                              Looking awesome as always Mark!!

Did you switch from sand to Flourite??
                              It's always been a mix of fluorite and blasting sand. The sand has settled as the MTS have dug around. Good to see you still around Nap.

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                              X