4th time a charm? help!!! emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th time a charm? help!!! emergency

ok, they bred,had eggs, i came home and now theyre wiggling, but the dady couldnt keep yhem in the nest. i took him out because was afraid that he would eat them, but now there all on the bottom wiggling around. i know about the lowering the water part, but will that work if there not in the nest and how would i keep the water warm and oxinated, what do i do, PP help:icon_hang:

lower the water level untill the nest in on tope of them
    put your heater in a quart jar of water and put the jar in the tank
    cover the tank to keep drafts our and humidity in
    after 3 days raise the water level, add a sponge filter and feed the little boogers.
    Do you have microworms or banannaworms ?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

ya, ive got micro worms, walterworms,bananaworm, vinager eels, and lots of inforians. or how ever u spell it. theres alot of them. i counted around 50 but thats even close to the amount thats on the floor. the fm is a red combodian hm. and she is big. twice the size of all the other fms. but seriuosly i think she had at least 200 eggs.looks like alot arent going to make.i may have 50 good ones, thanks PP.

Comment

yaaa, there stating to swim but not that good yet ill wait one more day to raise the water and turn on the sponge.theres still over 50 of them and well over 100 dead and unhatched ones. what should i do about all the bodys, i put some stuff in there to keep the amonia down it said it was safe for fish.

Comment

I haven't had anything hatch and live for about a month.
          Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

I would warm up some water that has aged to use to fill the tank.

Then get some airline tubing and siphon of the waste.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

ya keep my room at 80 degrees and when i added the aged water it , it just dropped by one degree. im just about to siphon the tank, just hope i dont suck any of the little guys up. theyre so tiny. i know its been 3 dys but they still have an yokesac. i fed them banana worms but they didnt seem care about food right now, ill siphon and feed again in the morning

Comment

Unfortunately, the high percentage loss is one of the things you have to put up with when hatching without papa. But 50 is better than you would get if he ate them all.

Your on the right path, keep the bottom clean and feed small amounts many times. If you syphon into a gallon jar, you can check for live fry and move them back in with a turkey baster.

the other option I have herd breeders use is adoption.
                Breed a good daddy at the same time and move the eggs into his nest.
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

well theres still a few left its realy hard to with almond leaf, but i think i reall mest up by put the wrong kind of snails in there. the several feeding thing is hard because i work 12hrs a day.thesnails were wild caught snail that cultured several generations and treated with parasite, bacterial, and anti fungal stuff. oops

Comment

alright they must of been hiding from because when got home there they were saring at me like they were waiting for food, i still cant tell if theyre eating or not. more good news my cts have eggs in the nest, so lets see how this goes, im now setting up for my musturd gas hms

Comment

ok no luck with the musturd hms, ct spawn is doing alright but not near has many has my ddtxhm spawn , iwas in there counting again and the ddtxhm spawn have at least a hundred fry, its amazing they just keep popping up, but the ct fry theres only somthing like thirty, now i have another musterd hm f x a ct m in a breeder wish me luck. ya, ive got it bad man

Comment

ok, note to self, dont use a realy old culture of vinager eels. they near wipe out my intire spawn of hmxddt. luckl i didnt use any in my cts. so i just have about 8 hmxddt left. now that happened like 3 wks ago.everyone is eating bbs and doin great. and never mind that snail thing. the snails ive got in there r doin a great jod at cleaning

Comment

I've never cared for VE. too much work and too little food.
                          I find that microworms or bananna worms provide more than enough fry food with very little effort. I've also had good luck with green water and infusoria cultures but I forget to maintain them between spawns.

Comment

ya mw bw and ww are great imhaving the same problem with the inforsia my self i used cabage this time and boy did it stink up hole apt.but i usely let them die out after the spawn switch bbs

Comment

Lower the water
                              put a heater in a quart jar and put the jar in the water
                              this is a temp fix for 3 days - then add water every day and feed

Comment

Working...
                              X