good idea for a canister filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good idea for a canister filter

Hello, this is my version of a canister filter. It is 20 inches high and 4 inch diameter. This was just a test to see if it worked. Now that I know it does I'll get myself some 8 inch pvc pipe that I can get locally (20 feet long though). I will also find a better way to tighten the cap; i was...
    fishless

Those DIY filters are always appreciated, if you can't use what is show, maybe you can adapt on it...thanks for sharing.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun! However, if you hover long enough you can find a real (and more capable) filter cheaper. But if you want the pride and satisfaction of DIY...

Comment

wrong-DIY much better. now I will have to back that up. I will need 1 month.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Good! Glad to be of service

Comment

Originally posted by fshfrk View Post
            wrong-DIY much better. now I will have to back that up. I will need 1 month.
            if you try to build one let us know how it turns out. i want to try it too. maybe a 10 inch pipe if i can find it.
            fishless

Comment

I found a 8" x24" sch 80 in the road at fm 1488 & I-45 last week. in good shape. need end caps. I remember seeing where guys were using rubber screw in caps (plugs) for the top. I hate canisters can't belive I commited to DIY one. So it's stricktley mechanical with a back flush so it wont have to be cleaned. EVER! can it be done?

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

fshfrk - can you post more the backflush concept? I have 8' of 8" (maybe 10" don't remember) pipe laying around and some spare time...

Comment

Working...
                X