getting ready for new kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting ready for new kid

well since it's been announced on the puffer forum and it's all official i will let you guys in on my grandest surprise....edmlfc..(Lissa)....has found chong to be a tail biter of elvis....yep he's crossed over to the dark side thanks to a not so nice tankmate (wrasse)..teaching him bad habits....they were both biting Elvis's tale....so Lissa asked me if i would like to adopt Chong....of course i am the honored one for her selecting me as Chongs step mom.....so....in preparation of the arrival of the new kid in my family i am showing you a log of the tank that will be his home....i also want to thank Lissa for all the things she has given me to make this happen...if it were not for her kindness and love for this little guy i could never have gotten this going so fast....
    it's a 40 gallon breeder tank.....full marine....with live rock, skimmer, wet/dry....thanks to my sweety....CF....he got me a gorgeous new stand for it for valentine's day....so here we go....

this is the tank

this is setting up the overflow box and the skimmer

the bucket of live rock and sand (courtesy of Lissa)

the sand and live rock have been placed in the tank and water is in

the tank is off and running, the skimmer is working, and the wet/dry is in full swing

here is the tank....already clearing up
    Last edited by fishlady; 02-16-2009, 08:25 PM.

Chong is going to be so happy!
    A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

that is so neat!
      Loretta, you'll have to let me come and see this little guy in person sometime.
      Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
      Alexa Rae
      Co-President of CAK
      MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

you can......no problem there alexa....

thank you soooooo much Lissa.....i can't tell you enough.....
        and the skimmer is skimming now.....)....so no worries....

i'm so excited about getting chong ....he's in hypo right now with his mommy....so when he's out of that and back to full marine he'll come here to his adopted step mom's house....and boy will he be loved.....

Comment

I wasn't worried.

Comment

Originally posted by fishlady View Post
            well since it's been announced on the puffer forum and it's all official i will let you guys in on my grandest surprise....edmlfc..(Lissa)....has found chong to be a tail biter of elvis....yep he's crossed over to the dark side thanks to a not so nice tankmate (wrasse)..teaching him bad habits....they were both biting Elvis's tale....so Lissa asked me if i would like to adopt Chong....of course i am the honored one for her selecting me as Chongs step mom.....so....in preparation of the arrival of the new kid in my family i am showing you a log of the tank that will be his home....i also want to thank Lissa for all the things she has given me to make this happen...if it were not for her kindness and love for this little guy i could never have gotten this going so fast....
            it's a 40 gallon breeder tank.....full marine....with live rock, skimmer, wet/dry....thanks to my sweety....CF....he got me a gorgeous new stand for it for valentine's day....so here we go....

this is the tank

this is setting up the overflow box and the skimmer

the bucket of live rock and sand (courtesy of Lissa)

the sand and live rock have been placed in the tank and water is in

the tank is off and running, the skimmer is working, and the wet/dry is in full swing

here is the tank....already clearing up

Congrats!!!!
            Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Looks sweet!! wont it still be about a month until you can take care of the poor little guy?
              25g - Reef
              3.5g - Surge Tank
              10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

"poor little guy"?....

yeah i figure it's going to be about a month....the tank will be cyled by then....and chong will be out of hypo.....

thanks treston.....i'm really excited.....

Comment

I know you'll do the best you can Fishlady to provide chong with the warmest, safest home possible.

From the dinner menu you told me about, sounds like he's going to be putting on some weight too....muscles, octopus, squid, shrimp, pass the tarter sauce...uummmm...umph.

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

poor little guy b/c hes obviously has some respressed issues which has turned him into a tail biter and is being exiled from his home. poor little guy.....)
                    25g - Reef
                    3.5g - Surge Tank
                    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

So, did you have any trouble with the Wet Dry or other mechanical pieces?

From the pictures, it looks like you have got it all under control.....good job....

I'm proud of you gurl....WTG

CF
                      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

right.......)....he will be spoiled like Ra is....

oh and i wanted you to know that i got that wet/dry up and running and it only took me 30 minutes to figure out that little siphon thingie with the air line to prime it..........you would've laughed at me if you saw me trying to do that with no water in the back of the overflow.........when i sat down and thought about it a minute............i said....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....i'm glad CF isn't here he'd be rolling in the floor at me sucking on that air line for 20 minutes trying to get the air out of it..........but i beat it.....and it's running like a champ.....

Comment

Originally posted by CichlidFan View Post
                          I know you'll do the best you can Fishlady to provide chong with the warmest, safest home possible.

From the dinner menu you told me about, sounds like he's going to be putting on some weight too....muscles, octopus, squid, shrimp, pass the tarter sauce...uummmm...umph.

CF
                          You should have heard what the guy at the grocery store said.

Comment

Something to the effect, that the fish eats better than he does....
                            I heard.....:)

CF

Comment

Originally posted by fishlady View Post
                              right.......)....he will be spoiled like Ra is....

oh and i wanted you to know that i got that wet/dry up and running and it only took me 30 minutes to figure out that little siphon thingie with the air line to prime it..........you would've laughed at me if you saw me trying to do that with no water in the back of the overflow.........when i sat down and thought about it a minute............i said....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....i'm glad CF isn't here he'd be rolling in the floor at me sucking on that air line for 20 minutes trying to get the air out of it..........but i beat it.....and it's running like a champ.....
                              Well, at least you did not quit on it, you had the good sense to take a break and give it some thought. I'm still very impressed with what you have accomplished.

Pat yourself on the back young lady....

CF

Comment

Working...
                              X