Another V-Day gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another V-Day gift

This is one that I bought myself, but my wife picked them out and seems to be laying claim to them

Karen

They are stunning!!!!

Nice looking tank layout too.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

wow, just wow
      65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
      55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
      30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

love it!

Comment

Looks awesome!!! but isn't the limestone kind of anti-productive
          25g - Reef
          3.5g - Surge Tank
          10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
            Looks awesome!!! but isn't the limestone kind of anti-productive
            I think we've had this conversation before.........

It's not an ideal discus set up. If I were going for ideal I would have used a bare-bottom tank with no other tankmates and used R/O water. The hardness of my water hasn't changed and with the water changing schedule I'm keeping with them I doubt it would change in 10 years. I weighed the options, did the research and decided those rocks were unlikely to ever hurt the discus and I have no interest in breeding so that's not an issue.

I think there are probably very few people on this board that have absolute ideal set ups with their fish and feed them ideally and keep the water ideally.
            Karen

Comment

For the limestone to have adverse effects on the water it would have to be in the ideal setting for it to dissolve first.

Then for it to have a real effect, like Karen stated she would have to be using RO water.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Now how did I miss seeing this all day !

Great looking discus, enjoy .
                Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

oooo...... nice!!
                  www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Originally posted by thekarens View Post
                    I think we've had this conversation before.........

It's not an ideal discus set up. If I were going for ideal I would have used a bare-bottom tank with no other tankmates and used R/O water. The hardness of my water hasn't changed and with the water changing schedule I'm keeping with them I doubt it would change in 10 years. I weighed the options, did the research and decided those rocks were unlikely to ever hurt the discus and I have no interest in breeding so that's not an issue.

I think there are probably very few people on this board that have absolute ideal set ups with their fish and feed them ideally and keep the water ideally.
                    thats cool.... your fish ,your tank. just thought that limestone increased water hardness at least thats what i heard. where did i miss this conversation? still looks awesome i dont think i've ever seen a discus tank set up like that b4 usually its all very planted and driftwood with gravel i like that you went another way with it and wish you the best of luck with your discus.
                    25g - Reef
                    3.5g - Surge Tank
                    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

You may have missed the original discussion. It is in my 90g discus journal thread. I do appreciate the concern for the welfare of the fish though.
                      Karen

Comment

Very, very nice Karen.

Mark
                        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Nice colony. What I have learned about Discus and other fish about rules is that there really is not a set rules its whatever you can get to work. If it works then it works.
                          Resident fish bum
                          330G FOWLR
                          34G Reef
                          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Wow - those discus look perfect in that tank. Great color choice.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                            X