How To...create an album and add pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To...create an album and add pics

1. Click the User CP link to go to your Control Panel.

2. Click the Pictures and Albums link on the left menu

3. Click Add Album.

4. Give your Album a title. Choose whether you want it to be Public or Private. Click Submit.

5. Click Upload Pictures

6. Browse to the location of the picture on your computer. Make sure you aren't trying to upload a picture larger than 1MB. Click Upload Pictures.

7. Click Save Changes. You are done!

Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Is this something we can do in lieu of using a picture hosting website to post our pictures up in threads?
    Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

There's probably a way to use the pics from your album in your posts, but I don't know it. I imagine you'd have to figure out the full URL path to the picture. This is actually just a way to create an album in your user profile and add some pics to it. Let's other members see your fish.

I'd prefer you keep using a picture hosting website and link back to posts when you can. We only have a certain amount of diskspace and once we get too close to full, I start deleting.
      Our Fishhouse

Comment

Okie dokie!
        Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

I copied the [img] URL code from my Photobucket page but the website didn't read it properly because they wouldn't display in my post. In the past it has been that simple...don't understand what I may have missed.

Comment

Hey! It must be Firefox..I checked out HFB in Netscape and the pics show fine.

Do you have filters blocking Firefox, Stacy?

Comment

No Way! I love Firefox. I use version 3.0.5. What version are you running?
              Our Fishhouse

Comment

Somehow my Firefox settings were blocking HFB Add-ons impacting the pics. ..I corrected All is good.

Comment

We only have a certain amount of diskspace and once we get too close to full, I start deleting. [/quote]

So, is there a certain number of pictures you would prefer that box members post to their albums ?

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

There's already a restriction set for all of us on the amount of diskspace each of us can use. That was more of a lighthearted way of me saying you should use your diskspace selectively. For those of you who don't know me...I won't delete anything of yours without much warning and giving you the opportunity to choose what you want to keep.

The only reason I could see us needing to do a cleanup would be if the site grew in leaps and bounds and our member count outgrew the amount of diskspace each of us have right now.
                    Our Fishhouse

Comment

Working...
                    X