Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tropheus Flakes - Ken's Fish, what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropheus Flakes - Ken's Fish, what's your opinion?

hey gang, I just placed and order for kens veggie flakes for my trophs. Is any one using this stuff. Read some good reveiws on the cichlid forum, just wanted to somewhat poll here also.

thanks.
    Last edited by geoff_tropheus; 01-26-2009, 04:33 PM. Reason: Key Words for Search Engine
    oh that........ thats just my 300 gallon fish tank, nothing fancy.

Re: feeding/diet

iknow a few people that use it.they like it.i plan on ordering some in the near future.extremley cheap prices. :)
    petro crazy!!!

Comment

heck yea, 8 bucks for an 1lb bag. well of course the shipping charge.

Comment

not positive but i think shipping was 5-10.00.still be a lot better deal than other foods. :)
        petro crazy!!!

Comment

well im having mine shipped to my job so i get the bussiness rate or 5 bucks.

Comment

good deal.i know a guy that feeds his tropheus and petros that no-carb food.it has like 50% protein.i read up and they say that its not the protein that causes bloat but alot of carbs.still dont know if id feed my trophs and petros it.
            petro crazy!!!

Comment

yea im going the 100% flake route, I am battling the bloat battle and loosing more than i am winning. I have read so many threads where folks who feed pellets in general are treating bloat, and havent read that many of breeder/keepers who feed flakes. I was chatting with and guy who feeds 100% flakes and has never had any issues. Although i do know other here who feed pellets with no problems also. I just think in my case flakes would be better suitable for me, and my pocket book. Dead trophs dont breed and sure are not as happy as ones alive.

Comment

I don't keep many vegi-fish but I have been using HBH Natural Staple Flake (47% protein) for a few years and you can't beat the value.  
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

i will to look into that. For the buck kensfish isnt bad but with shipping, that always makes me frown. So if i could find some close to that i would truely give it a shot. I have seen HBH in petco but not the forumla. I may just see who wants to go in on an group buy for next time.

Comment

i use hbh vegi8 and tropheus lover from kens and my fish love it...the geeks use it also and there fish love it too.... anyway no problmes yet only been feeding them this food 1 month...
                    210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

Comment

cool, i have order an pound so i will see how it goes.

thanks tattoo, where do you get hbh vegi8. Local or ordered.

Comment

Been using it for a long time, good stuff
                        www.txtropheustraders.com

Comment

Hey has great food at good prices, but I won't buy any heaters from him again. Bad experience

Comment

hbh vegi8 was bought from kens on the same order... he sells diffrent types of food on his site...
                            210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

Comment

I use HBH 8Veggie in my shrimp mix.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X