new cak tank coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cak tank coming soon

okay i finally got my 55 set up today and it will be my "cakadise".....it has a new substrate in it called "green lightning"...tell me what you think...and remember it's a work in progress.....

Re: new cak tank coming soon

looks great! get your back ground on there and don't forget you massive wet/dry.  

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

It's hard to see the green in the substrate, too much lighting...even with room lights down it's hard to tell it's green....how about in person?  What does is look like? Do you like it?

Looking forward to updates...smiles....thanks for posting.

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

it's really beautiful in person.....i know about the wash out with the camera and i even disabled the flash on there for them too....but it's really gorgeous.....can't wait for you to see it.....i also added a piece of holy rock in there too....it's going to be a catfish's dream house when i'm done with it....

John i can't see putting a wet/dry on a 55 gallon tank there..... :) .....it has a magnum 300, a 250 powerhead/prefilter and i'm adding a 2217 and an aquaclear 70.....i think that's good enough filtration .......

Comment

You could put a w/d on that if you wanted too....smiles.

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

you need a nitrate machine. a 3.5 gal bucket in a 10 gal tank sump. pvc overflow. maxi jet 1200 return pump. BAM! $40.00 w/d

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

sounds a little over board on the filtration but your water should be super clean and clear . you should also add the wetdry to get anything those others might miss.
              25g - Reef
              3.5g - Surge Tank
              10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

.......i tell you what John.....if you want to put a w/d on there .....come and place it.....the filtration i have on there are things i already have around the house...... .....
                i've never had a w/d system before.....not sure i would know how to maintain it....but feel free to use it as your own experiment and you can maintain the system....i'll be glad to watch..... :wink:

Comment

like it, but you need more wood.  
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

it's a work in progress PP......it will be a paradise when i'm done....... :wink:

Comment

I am really looking forward to seeing that green lightening....

CF

Comment

it's going to be awsome when i put the black felt on the back....figure it will bring it out even more so......it was very very clear this morning.....i'm going to play with it some and look around in my plethera of stuff in the garage and start making it the paradise i want it to become......

Comment

+1 on the wet/dry!

I had went and got an aqua-clear 100 w/d along with a 2260 for the 55g I was gonna set up.  
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i don't have a w/d to put on there..... :(

Comment

I can hook you up there my friend.....I have three of them sitting around the house....one of them would be perfect, it's for a 55 - 65 gallon tank.

I was planning on putting it on my 55, but I can go with an oversize unit for mine (if it will fit in the stand)...

CF

Comment

Working...
                              X