Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE GUYS/GIRLS?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE GUYS/GIRLS?????

okay, here's the scenario...i was oogling my babies in my chimba tank and i spotted these 2 doing this strange and curious activity...i grabbed my camera and started videoing this unusual behavior.....so okay..my question to all the experts out there.....

WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY DOING?????

Re: WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE GUYS/GIRLS?????

Flirting?  Starting a new dance craze?  You have some pretty wierd fish fl lol, great video btw.

You need to upload it to YouTube!
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

dang Nancy.....your supposed to tell me what they are doin????.....

but thanks for the compliment on the video though......

Comment

My guess would be some sort of mating ritual.  Let us know is you have baby loaches suddenly appear  :wink:

Comment

8O .......wouldn't that be a hoot in there......i will be setting a watchful eye on these 2.....i'll let you know....
          but i was under the impression that clown loaches were hard to get to breed????

i wouldn't know the first thing about loading that to youtube......

Comment

I've heard they are hard to breed too, but I'd take a wild guess and say you at least have a pair, surely someone here knows more about them.  Who was it that had those huge ones, Delock?

On the YouTube thing I'm clueless as well,  but I've been told it's easy to do, maybe for someone else but probably not for me   .

Comment

Here's what I found on a quick search
              Breeding
              Clown loaches have been bred in aquariums, however it is very rare. Sexing clown loaches externally is hard, but possible by looking at the tail fin. The tail fin tips on the male are slightly bent inwards, making the fin look a little bit like a claw. The tail fin tips on the females aren't shaped like this.

Clown loaches have to be quite old and at least 7 inches / 17 cm before they are sexually mature. In the one good account of clown loaches spawning they spawned under the following conditions:

Temp: 84F
              pH: 6.5
              Ammonia & Nitrite: 0
              Nitrate: < 25
              Four large clown loaches (over 25 cm /10 inches) were kept together in a planted aquarium, and a few weeks before spawning they changed their behaviour and started eating live fish as their only accepted food. The females in the group grew very fast on this diet, and had doubled in girth by the time of spawning. The night during which the spawning took place, two clowns were swimming close beneath the surface entwined in each other and "clicking." The next morning, 450 eggs were found spread about the aquarium. Clown loaches eat their own eggs, so it is recommended moving the parents if you wish to succeed in spawning them.

Comment

wow......these are no where near that size.....so maybe they are practicing for the new years eve party in there tonight????

Comment

LOL, did you get them party hats and noice makers?  Have they ordered pizza delivered?

Comment

8O ........oh noooooo....that's why i saw the pizza hut mobile circling around my block.....i'm in bigggggg trouble..... :(

Comment

, better get your scuba gear on so you can chaperone.

Comment

It's the loach dance. Pretty common for happy clown loaches. I have 4 and they do it all the time, esp at feeding time.

Clowns will engage every so often in what we term "Loach-dancing" as depicted in the photo above. The whole group may tumble over one another in a vertically oriented, rotating group that will maintain this behaviour for quite a long time.

Comment

.........and i thought i had it made now that my own children are grown..... :aua:

i guess i need to go dig the snorkle out of the closet......

Comment

Originally posted by naps";p="
                            It's the loach dance. Pretty common for happy clown loaches. I have 4 and they do it all the time, esp at feeding time.

Clowns will engage every so often in what we term "Loach-dancing" as depicted in the photo above. The whole group may tumble over one another in a vertically oriented, rotating group that will maintain this behaviour for quite a long time.
                            Aw shucks, although inaccurate, I liked my reasoning better.

Comment

that is a very interesting site.....wow at "Marge"....i would only hope to have my large one who's about 3-4 inches now get that size.....
                              thanks for the site.....

and yes Nancy i would agree i like your interpretation better.... :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X