Austrailian Lobster Growing Algae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austrailian Lobster Growing Algae

Hey guys, I won an Australian Lobster at one of the GHAC raffles several months ago and I've noticed he is growing algae all over his back and other areas where there is some hair. Is this normal? I don't run his light much everyday (8 hours or less) or every other day. I named him Oden (Nick brought him originally). He is currently situated in a window in the master bedroom now however there are shades and curtains to keep the sun off of him too.

Thanks!
    Katamari Damacy...That's just how I roll...

Re: Austrailian Lobster Growing Algae

Funny you mention this. My red swamp crawfish I got from Taipan has a green algae mustache on his shorter antennae.
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Odd isn't it!

Comment

I had 3 redclaw crayfish.  Two of my males grow algae on their claws and antennas.  I guess it's ok since they very healthy and active.
        -125 gallons: 1 SR Arowana, 1 red tail giant gouramy, 1 Giraffe Catfish.

-55 gallons: 18 clown loaches, 28 corydoras, 2 golden algae eaters, 3 moonlight gouramies, 6 tiger barbs.

Comment

Yes this is quite normal.  Do worries.  Your crayfish just need a bath! :P

Comment

I found the best way to clean Mr. Oden up....a q-tip! Right before he moved back home to College Station!

Comment

Working...
            X