choking on a shrimp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choking on a shrimp?

Spyke got some good sized ghost shrimp to feed my paratilapias.  About 15 minutes after I put a few in the tank I was thinking maybe these shrimp are a little too big for my juvenile fish, when I noticed one of my paratilapias is swimming around with shrimp feet and antennae sticking out of his mouth!!  Do I need to do something (like catch him and try to, I don't know, do CPR- lol)  

Is this normal?

(edited with spell check )

Re: choking on a shrimp?

sometimes when I feed my flowerhorns feeder fish they keep 2 or 3 of them in their mouths, and each time they open their mouths I can still see the feeder fish in there looking out, still alive  8O

i think if the fish isn't in distress, I wouldn't worry about it,  they just might like playing with their food!

Comment

LOL- thanks for responding :)

He looks fine now, no antennae.  But his belly is huge!

I was worried only because the shrimp look as big as he does, and I figured they'd pick at the shrimp, not swollow them whole!!  

Oh, the trials and tribulations of our hobby....  sigh.

Comment

Whats my name? I leave for 2 days & you start chokeing the fish!! glad everything turned out ok. see you soon!

Comment

ROFLMAO at you two!

Comment

Okay, so now I'm beginning to think they're just saddists.  

Now one of the paratilapias ate a shrimp so big that now his mouth is wide open, with tentacles sticking out of his mouth, and he's just sitting there like "Oh sh@t, maybe I shouldn't have eaten a shrimp as big as me".

I mean REALLY, is it so necessary?

Comment

no more shrimp for you.

Comment

Working...
              X