limia perugiae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limia perugiae

What can folks tell me about limia perugiae?  I picked some up at the HAS auction, and I enjoy them alot, they are quite beautiful.  I tried to find more info online, but it is limited.  I thought they were guppy sized and full grown now, but a couple sites suggest that they get to be 4"+

Does anyone have experience with them?

Re: limia perugiae

i had a trio for a little while. have 1 juvie left. I enjoyed them greatly but they got bullied in my fry tank and then i lost them when i moved them to a QT tank to fatten up again. they were never agressive even though they were almost 3 inches. at least the malle was. i like their coloring and they make great additions bu may need to be kept in a lower activity tank. fast fish with dominate them for food to a certain degree.
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I am sorry to hear you lost them.  They are so pretty I wish I had more.  Mine are average guppy sized right now, so I think I have quite some time before they are breeding.  They are so curious.  Every time I walk up to their tank they start dancing right where I am.  It's so cute.

Comment

Yay!  I am out of town, but Diehl just told me that my limia's bred while I was gone!  These are my favorite livebearers, and I can't wait to see their fry!

Comment

congrats on the new babies Kris......i hope you'll post a picture of them soon....

Comment

I got 2 pair from the July HAS auction and released them in a planted 40 breeder with my endlers.  The first few months nothing much happened but I have since removed 50+ val, a few wandering platies (must have jumped in) and most of the endlers and I now find that I have over a dozen + fry.  The largest male is dominant and a bit darker than the other (1.25") the females are about the same but slimer.   They look more like small sailfin mollies than guppies.  Due to all the plants and no effort on my part the pH is very low and my fish room temp is 82F.  They got nothing but flake the first few months but lately they have been getting bbs as I rince my bbs net in their tank because it is the closest to my hatchery.   Don't know it it was age or live food that caused the population increase.

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
            X