Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BettaHabari Membership drive

BettaHabari is the Houston chapter of the International Betta Congress
    Our club consists of a dozen members who like to breed, raise & show or just keep and talk bettas.  Some of us have been doing it for a long time.  Some of our members are new but we all have a good time and get together about once a month to share food and talk bettas, spawns, genetics, cultures, and more bettas.   Each year we host an Internation Betta Show, usually in the fall but this year the 4 Texas Chapters of the IBC (Houston, Dallas, Austin & SanAntonio) have come together to host the National IBC conference in Dallas next june and we would love to have a hundred members at the convention.

If you've ever thought that you'ld like to know more about Bettas come to one of our meetings.   Contact  
    Our President "Richard Smart" <seertexasbettasATsbcglobalDOTnet>
    Our membership chairman "Jay Jaetzold" <jjaetzoldATgtDOTrrDOTcom>,
    or me  "J R Baker" <tcbettasATyahooDOTcom>

As an incentive to those who think great show quality Bettas are TOO expensive,  I am giving to each person or family that joins both the BettaHabari ($10) and the IBC ($20) a group of 6 young unsexed top quality platinum white show bettas from the following spawn.  They are only 1/2" long now, but by January they will be big enough to spawn and If you breed them and raise the fry, they will be ready to show at the Convention next June.    

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: BettaHabari Membership drive

I would like to join but the meetings are too far from me.  :(  Is there a way that some meetings can be held in the N/W side of town?
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

All we need is a member willing to host the meeting.  
      Everyone brings food & drink to share so all you need to do is clean up the mess after we leave.  
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I'l think about it. how many members are there?

Comment

For an exact count on membership please contact Jay.
          The last few meeting have been 6 members at his home
          which is almost west Louisana but If we have a meeting in Houston,
          I'm sure the turnout would be greater.

Comment

Okay, I contacted him.

Comment

The white fry are 3/4" now and I can already pick out a half dozen nice males.
              It's almost time to start jaring them.

Comment

hello ,J. R. this is anthony,AKA swampbettas. If i'm already a member in both clubs, can i still get some whites?LOL

Comment

Only the best for you Anthony.  
                  Sorry to hear about the tree in your fish room.
                  .               as soon as your new fish room is ready                    
                  I just jared 20 males and I've got at least that many more to do next week.
                  The spawn is 100% white, I can't find a single pastel
                  I've got some really nice blue marbles & butterflys comming along too.
                  Hope to get some nice steels & Greens out that spawn also.

Comment

Working...
                  X