Spixi snail eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spixi snail eggs

I have some spixi snails and in the last couple of weeks they have started laying eggs but something is eating them. I want to move them to another tank so I can try to raise some of them but I'm afraid to move them. How can I do that without hurting them?

Re: Spixi snail eggs

You can't hurt them.  The easiest way to get them is to use a turkey baster and suck them up.

Terri

Comment

Thanks. I just ended up scraping them off. I'll try the turkey baster though. They lay eggs every few days. If I ever get them to hatch, they are going to be everywhere.

Comment

Put the eggs in a plastic bag with 1/2 cup of tank water and float the bag in the tank.  The constant temp and humidity will give you a good hatch rate.  You can separate a few eggs from the rest for hatching!  It's also fun to hatch them in a bag because you can watch them develop.

Terri

Comment

I'll try that but now I wonder if any of them are fertile since I haven't seen anything inside them like the ones you have pictured.

Comment

I think that I figured out why none have hatched. I don't think they were fertile or something. The other day there was a new clutch and it is a different color. This one has a brown tint and all of the ones before have been clearish white. So, maybe I'll finally get some babies!

Comment

Working...
            X