This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boycott Fish Gallery

Bad news fellow GHAC members. It seems that Fish Gallery has terminated our GHAC discount since we have not started showing cards yet. I went there today after Fresh Water Invertebrates presentation at ADG and found a pair of African mud fish, which looks like the head of a bichir on the body of a sleeper goby.
    At the checkout I mentioned that I was a GHAC member, the guy checking me out turned to Omar and asked him for the discount amount. Omar told him 15%. As the transaction was finishing, Omar asks me for my card. I told him last I heard they were being worked on. Omar got angry, said that he was NOT going to do this anymore, that my sale is the final GHAC discount since we failed to provide a card. I told him I am a member, not the president. Had I purchased bread and butter fish, or products, I would have demanded a refund. I knew Raul was still at ADG, as I left during a NASH plant auction (not my area of expertise) and informed him and our fellow members of what has just happened. I have never been treated like this before at FG or their previous incarnation Village Tropical. Despite some of their prices, I had been supporting their store, It ends here with the end of our discount. I am never going back to Fish Gallery! :evil:
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Re: Boycott Fish Gallery

Sorry that happened to you Nick    .  Omar should have addressed the issue with the officers of GHAC and not blasted you.  However, I can see his point.  As a business person you make certain agreements and expect both parties to hold up their end of the bargain.  Without a GHAC membership card to produce at check out, anyone who's aware of the policy, member or non-member, can go in and ask for a discount.  I'm not a GHAC member and haven't been to Fish Gallery since they moved but I could have just as easily said I was a member and requested a discount I was not entitled to.  All he's asking for is verification that a customer is eligible for a discount.  Not being a member, I may be out of line here, but why is it taking so long to make membership cards?
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

So you're upset with Fish Gallery because they want proof people are actually members?  Personally I can understand their point.  Anyone could walk in and say they are a member - without cards there is no way to prove otherwise.

I like Fish Gallery.  The people who work there are always nice to me and my family.  Once we sat on the couch in front of the wall tank for over an hour and they never said anything to us - even though we weren't buying anything.  I think their store is BEAUTIFUL!!

Comment

I think Nick is more upset with the manner in which he was treated regarding the issue, which was very unprofessional.
        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Originally posted by szidlon";p="
          I think Nick is more upset with the manner in which he was treated regarding the issue, which was very unprofessional.
          EXACTLY! And Omar was treating me as if I was accountable for why we do not have a card yet.
          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Maybe he just told Nick because Nick was standing there.  Had I went in today it might of been me.

I dont feel like Fish Gallery owes me an apology - I'd rather know where our member cards are.  I'm sure it will be an issue at the next meeting, but unfortunately it looks like I will not be able to make it.

Comment

Alright guys... after hearing about this, Raul went and talked to the people at Fish Gallery. Apparently people have been bringing in expired and fake club cards from various organizations.  Fish Gallery stopped giving the discount to ALL clubs that do not have a valid  and current official ID. (Understandably in my opinion) The GHAC ID cards are currently held up at the printing shop. The hard plastic (credit) cards should be available by the GHAC meeting.  If they are not, we will make up temporary cards and provide Fish Gallery with a list of the members.

One way or another, membership cards will be available at the meeting on Friday! The Fish Gallery discount will live on!!!
              Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
              Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
              Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
              Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Well glad to hear that the card thing was worked out. However, shopping at Fish Gallery is just not something I'm going to ever do. I've been there in total eight times. I'm never waited on, never asked to be of assistance. I've waited for different amounts of times at the cashiers and right in front of several employees waiting for assistance with NO HELP and NO ASSISTANCE. And when I have asked for assistance I'm given a moments time before the employees turn around to talk to other employees. This last week I brought my daughter from out of town. And she was impressed by the store and totally disgusted at the lack of customer service.
                Fish Gallery obviously is doing fine without my money. So good luck to everyone else.

Comment

I'm going to have to side with Nick on this one.  I won't go as far to boycott the store, but I find it unacceptable to hear of treatment like that from a customer service rep to a customer.  Even if Nick had been responsible for the cards not being passed out, getting pissy with him was unprofessional, and absolutely not the way to handle it.  Something along the lines of "I'm sorry, but since you don't have your membership card, this will have to be the last discount FG can provide."  I know Nick and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have gone off on anyone about it.  I think maybe Nick is owed an apology for getting blasted, but I don't think I, personally, am owed anything.

**Of course, I'm pretty sensitive to how bad customer service is all over though.** :?
                  Our Fishhouse
                  Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Ninja girl has spoken. This is the end of it.
                    Nick go see Omar for the apology.
                    Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                    Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                    Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

A customer is a customer.....regardless of affiliation.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Nick,

I want to apologize to you for what happen today at Fish Gallery.  You as a member should not have been the target of frustration from Fish Gallery.  I agree that wasn't professional.  I've spoken with Omar as Tim stated above and I think we understand each other.  

Membership Cards have been on order for a while now.  We did not expect them to take this long.  Again, if they are not here for the meeting next week, we will have temporary cards for you.  The temporary cards will have a short expiration hence the cards on order are suppose to be in this week.  

GHAC is committed to it's members to help provide you with discounted benefits and events.  

Those not present at the meeting, please update your address with us if you have moved recently.
                        Raul
                        PokerFace

Comment

I dont go there to shop, (can't afford it), but I do like the store and the people. I loved the tour they gave us and I approve of their standard opertaional procedure (I have been there enough to judge it). I would rather deal with folks like Andy over at fishland for personal service, and very good prices on the live stock (although, selection is limited at times)

I don't mind driving to see Charles in Rosenberg or Dan in Stafford, they are "fish" people and I relate wiith them, but the Fish Gallery as nice as it is, is one business deal away from becoming a chain store in my opinion.

Still....I recommend the Fish Gallery and politely ask Nic to overlook Omar's outburst and chalk it up to his just not using his head at the moment, we all make mistakes ...mytwocents.

CF
                          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Okay, forgive my ignorance, but what, aside from perhaps some extra word-of-mouth customers, does the store get out of giving a 15% discount to numerous fish club members?
                            MY MANTRA: Yes, I CAN have too many fishtanks!

Comment

Not sure if I understand your question.  

GHAC Sponsors get advertisement, repeat customers and closer ties with the FishKeeping community.
                              Raul
                              PokerFace

Comment

Working...
                              X