CYPS AND TROPHS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYPS AND TROPHS?

does anyone have any expre... or ideas on keeping these two spe together..... and also what if aggresion from trophs towards cyps.... i really am felling like mixing my utina cyp colony with a couple of groups of trophs colonys... i am looking a purchasing wc or pondraised trophs to mix with my f1 cyps.... ideas would be great thanks mickey carroll
    210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

Re: CYPS AND TROPHS?

It might work....I have seen some do it but since they inhabit about the same area while awake and sleeping I would not do it.

Also cyps benefit from a bit meatier foods while that would probably be no good for tropheus.

One would not do as well.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Your other issue is that your trophs are much more agressive feeders than the cyps which wouldn't be to good for your cyps in the end.  The competition for food would be no good in the end for your Cyps.

Comment

I've done it before with no issues.
        www.txtropheustraders.com

Comment

Originally posted by bethesdaboy";p="
          I've done it before with no issues.
          Same here
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I kept the Ectodus, Tropheus, and Petrochromis together and the Ectodus were able to compete fine for food, but take a look at Tim's 200 gallon tanganyikan tank thread, and the Ectodus are 150% better looking than when they were with me.

They are in his 200 gallon where like for like fish are together.

Cyps and Tropheus will work, but the cyps color will more likely not be as nice as if they in the a tank of featherfin or sandweller setup.

I would try it and then see what you think.  You got cyps now by themselves, then add the trophs and share your results/opinions.

Best of luck!

Geoff
            380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
            300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
            180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
            150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

That was my point I tried to make.....

One sp. would not do as good as the other.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
              X