Aquaclear problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquaclear problems

I've got two aquaclear 70's and an emperor400 on a 125. The two AC's keep running dry and I have to take the impeller out to get it to restart. I've cleaned it but it keeps on happening. I've only had the filters for about a month and had to fix them everyday for the past week! Any suggestions?

Re: Aquaclear problems

Check that all the pieces of the intake tube is all pushed together.

Then check that the tube with the black piece that covers the pump is straight in the hole, and pushed down all the way, and not cocked over.

Aqua clears are usually very reliable.

Are these filters new or used?
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Brand new. Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Comment

On mine in the past, I've even had to make sure that the metal pin that the impeller rotates around is pressed all the way down to the bottom of the motor. Also, make sure there's no sand by the motor/impeller either.

Comment

the impeller shaft looks straight to me, and there's no sand or dirt in it either.

Comment

If they have lost prime it would be because they suck air into them by either having the  tubes be loose and suck some air, or if there is a airstone or air toy near by that the airbubbles get sucked up in there.

Also poweroutages can be a problem as well.
            380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
            300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
            180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
            150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Working...
            X