additions to my planted tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• additions to my planted tank

right now my tank contains 15 rcs (2 are berried females), 3 amanos, 10 harlequin rasboras. i was thinking of getting 5 or 6 threadfin rainbows but i cant find any place to get them. i liked the threadfins because i thought watching them flare at each other would be cool and i thought they were pretty. id like something thats pretty and full of color and has personality but i dont know what to get. fish gallery has furcata and celebes rainbows but i dont think either are as neat as threadfins. any ideas? thanks

Re: additions to my planted tank

jack, the old fish ranch (not seahorse or something), the store on larkwood and 59 had some good threadfin rainbows couple of weeks ago, call and find out (don't know the number), or just stop by, i think they are a good choice, good luck
    65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
    55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
    30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

ok thanks. anybody know other options that would do well in my tank?

Comment

you pretty much can have any of the tetras, if you like the look of some - just get some, a lot of the tetras will hang out at the middle/lower part of the tank and the harlequins hang out middle/upper part of the tank, so that will cover the entire water column, of course you can also get a pair (or more depending on size of tank) of any of the dwarf cichlids, but they might eat the rcs (never had, but assuming)

what is your tank size (gallon and footprint)?

live and let live

Comment

good idea. i just havent found any tetras that i really like the look of yet. its a 20g. if by footprint you mean base dimensions its 24x12 in

Comment

im interested in german blue rams, butterfly fish and endlers. i dont know much about the first two in terms of compatability in a planted community tank but ive read one report of endlers hunting in packs for rcs...

Comment

dwarf cories likes to hang out in mid tank as well, those are very neat, but you might want to pick you a few extra then what you want, one or two might die while getting used to your tank...

Comment

ya i really like the look of corys too but i thought theyd eat shrimp, will they?

Comment

anybody know if rams will eat shrimp? everything ive read says theyre really peaceful but they look so much like perch that i cant imagine them not eating my shrimp.

Comment

if they can catch them and it they are small enough to fit in their mouth they will eat - any fish will regardless of peaceful - peaceful does not equate vegetarian :)

live and let live

Comment

ya thats what i though. i think ill just stick with threadfins

Comment

but if you have a lot of hiding places (heavily planted, or lots of rock), the rams or others might not be able to eat

live and let live

Comment

Working...
                        X