Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHAC June Meeting - Mini-Auction?

A big hello from the Prez...!

We are curious as to who is actually interested in an mini-auction at this months meeting?  We need to hear from you if you are.  If we don't hear from enough auction participants, then we may skip the mini-auction and just have a raffle.  

So if you want one and/or want to sell something...better let us know soon!

Thanks and may your day be a blessed one!
    Raul
    PokerFace

Re: GHAC June Meeting - Mini-Auction?

Some members posted, myself included, that they wanted the proceeds of their auction item to go to Reba's vet bill. 8)
    HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

I'd like a magdrive 12... havnt heard anyone say they have one to bring...

I could prolly dump a bunch of tickets into a bag for cheaper then I could get it at auction... but since it is pricy I wouldnt expect anyone to just give it away like at a raffle...

Comment

Nick,

I like the idea.  I can donate an item on her behalf as well.
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

Okay, so instead of a regular GHAC mini-auction, we're having a Spirit Fund auction? (Sounds good to me!)
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

:bsty:  
            Thank you everyone
            5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
            20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
            29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
            29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
            29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
            55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
            75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
            / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Well,  I think it should be a regular mini-auction and we leave it up to the individuals to donate their proceeds if they like.  We(GHAC) could facilitate getting donations to the Vet.
              Raul
              PokerFace

Comment

IF someone chooses to put an item up for auction in Spirit's name, I already posted the vet information... I actually prefer not handling it.. that way you KNOW it goes to help our baby.  Please continue as usual with the auction.  My thank you was simply for the thought... the idea... and the feeling behind people's generosity.
                5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

I am not sure what to auction.  

I have a kenyi, a jewel cichlid, a large mystery cichlid lol, and some juvenile guppies (nothing super special, mostly pet shop variety - but pretty colors)

What do y'all think?
                  Kris

Comment

Its really up to you, but its always a good idea to check for feedback...

If you bring fish, make sure they are bagged properly (Double Bagged).

Limit two items.

Thanks
                    Raul
                    PokerFace

Comment

How do you double bag?

Kris

Comment

They way I was taught. Bag the fish normally, then place the mouth of the second bag over the top of the sealed fisrt bag, invert, then seal the outer bag. Or you can place them in used Ozarca 1 gallon water jugs, the wide mouth type with the screw on cap.
                        PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Thanks Nick!

Anyone have any preference for which fish I bring?

Kris

Comment

bring me some dwarf cockatoos.  lol.  or some baby clown loaches.  

by the way  is it necessary for me to say im actually comin or just showin ups good?

Comment

LOL I am after dwarf cockatoos myself.  There was an ad on craigslist to get some fish for 5.00 and i ended up with 2 dwarf honey gourami, 5 neons, a panda cory, 1 dwarf cockatoo (apistos right?) and 2 algae shrimp.  

So I am looking for more apistos.

Kris

Comment

Working...
                              X