Yellow Lab fry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Lab fry

Question, Im recently a new owner of some beautiful labs that I got from a friend. The female is holding at the moment. I was wondering what do I feed the fry besides live food... is there anything you can buy at the store  can you feed any type of frozen food etc.... thanks for any help.

Re: Yellow Lab fry

I purchsed some frozen baby brime shrimp for petsmart a few months back. That's what I would feed my fry.
    A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

You can also get some first bites food for them as well. That is the name FIRST BITES.
      Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
      Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
      Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

wow, really, thats awesome, i will have to go pick some up....more then likely i will get both to some variation. Thanks guys

Comment

I feed my fry flake food that has been crumbled into a powder. Are you going to separate the mother?
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I ended up stripping the mother because the babies were past due, they are really big fry....so ya i seperated the mother....all the babies are in a breeder net with some sand and a little some rocks.

Comment

wow, that fine crushed flake food idea was really kool, they are eating too....SWEET, thanks tim

Comment

Glad to hear that they are doing well.

Stuff high in protein and warmer water makes them grow a bit faster.
                Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I used a mortar and pestle to grind up my flakes instead of going through my many containers and using the dust in the bottom (which is an option).   Frozen brine shrimp were on sale at petsmart (you may need to pull the sticker of the shelf to remind them lol) if you have a petsmart card.
                  5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                  20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                  29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                  29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                  29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                  55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                  75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                  / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

That is wonderful. Glad to see you were able to strip her. How many fry was she holding and how are they doing?

Did you ever get the big tank up and running?
                    There is no "normal" life, it's just life so get on with it.

210g Mixed Reef Build
                    http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...10 Reef Build/

430g Mixed Reef Build
                    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0507711&type=3

Comment

For most fries you can use flake food that has been crumbled into a powder.  I have never had a problem with it before and it's cheap to boot!

How big did the fry come out? Can you post any pics?
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                      X