Planet Inverts customer service/scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planet Inverts customer service/scam

As some of you already know, there have been a few problems with this company.  I am now in a situation where I am fighting to get back $400 of my hard earned money.  It has been exactly 30 days since I sent payment and still have not received anything from Mr. Wood.  Every time it was time to ship, he told me there was a problem and would delay shipment.  I politely asked for a full refund 3 days ago but am getting the run around.  He emailed me back saying he was sick and tired of people talking behind his back and would not answer whether he would refund me or not.  I now have 15 days until the paypal dispute deadline.  What are your responses to this situation and those who HAVE ordered from him, did he do the same to you?  

Mods, I understand if you move this to the retailer's feedback section but this store is directly related to bottom dwellers and inverts.  I feel that this could possibly save other HFB members from potentially losing their money by posting in this section.
    ADA mini-m planted
    ADA mini-m riparium
    ADA 30-C nano reef
    ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
    ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
    Eheim 90cm SA biotope
    110g Peacocks

Re: Planet Inverts customer service/scam

I completely understand the frustration, and know that quite a few HFBers are having problems right now, as well. So is the rest of the world, hehe. But, given that he's probably dealing with...oh...hundreds of complaints with no end in sight, and that's he probably is spending ALL of his time trying to alleviate these problems, I'd give him a little time. I know that people are not happy with him right now, but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to leave you hanging for the rest of your life. I ordered some nerites from him a month or two ago, and it took longer than I thought, and he mixed up the address, but they got into my tanks nonetheless, and with 4 extras (I ordered 5, so that's almost doubling my order).

I guess I just feel sympathy for the guy. It seems like he suddenly got way over his head and has spent the last couple of months trying to calm down. Not an excuse, not at all. And it frustrates me to no end when people promise me something, especially in this kind of situation, being a business and all, and can't come through with it. (I have one frustration that continues to this day back from October of 2007...another company, though.)

I hope that makes sense.  :?  Then again, I ordered $25 worth of stuff from him...so I didn't exactly have to sit around and worry about hundreds of dollars up in the air.  :(
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

personnally i hate that people are struggling and well its hurtin everyone, but moneys money man.  deliver or not.  refund the money and say when i get your product i call you and we go at it again.  id personnal dispute it.  i personnally have had problems like this before.  had an employeer file chapter whatever it is were they liquidate eveyrthing.  didnt tell anyone it was happing.  we showed up for work monday morning and does chained and we couldnt get our stuff.  bank said we had to go to court to get our stuff that was our personal property not the business.  well our property was the only way we can work anywhere else so we broke in.  i also was owed 1200 bucks and never saw that.  and never will.  point is,  everyone has hard times.  dont hurt yourselff for someone elses problems.

Comment

Originally posted by screename";p="
        As some of you already know, there have been a few problems with this company.  I am now in a situation where I am fighting to get back $400 of my hard earned money.  It has been exactly 30 days since I sent payment and still have not received anything from Mr. Wood.  Every time it was time to ship, he told me there was a problem and would delay shipment.  I politely asked for a full refund 3 days ago but am getting the run around.  He emailed me back saying he was sick and tired of people talking behind his back and would not answer whether he would refund me or not.  I now have 15 days until the paypal dispute deadline.  What are your responses to this situation and those who HAVE ordered from him, did he do the same to you?  

Mods, I understand if you move this to the retailer's feedback section but this store is directly related to bottom dwellers and inverts.  I feel that this could possibly save other HFB members from potentially losing their money by posting in this section.
        I would definitely dispute with paypal to get your money back.  You sent him $400 and make you wait over 30days!!!!! and he have the nerve to email you saying he was sick and tired of people talking behing is back? huh? wtf.  I can't stand it when people do that.  Get your money back and thanks for letting us know how crappy this dude is handling this.
        "The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Comment

If you paid through paypal, you might have a chance if you have to open a dispute NOW! before the deadline runs out.

I can sympathize with the guy. I know for a fact that he definitely over committed with the whole Sulawesi thing and that many people out there are trying to get their money back.
          He even admitted to me that sulawesi shrimp has become a curse to him if anything.

However, i do admit that he needs to improve on his customer service a bit.
          www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Originally posted by nacra99";p="

Nowadays i prefer to order directly from Germany. Now those guys KNOW what they are doing. I have recieved at least 20 shipments of shrimp / crays last year. 5 days in the mail and not a single drop of water leaked and not single deadloss.
            Can you send my some details/info about your contact in Germany?
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

I would file a claim with Paypal now before the deadline.

I recently had a non ship issue from some one else who was using the same stall tactics and after I filed a complaint with Paypal
              we had our shipment 3 days later.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rrocket2002";p="
                Can you send my some details/info about your contact in Germany?
                pm'd
                www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I am a very patient person.  I have given Ryan MULTIPLE opportunities to redeem himself.  Every ship date is pushed back a few days and then something else comes up.  I UNDERSTAND he is in a bad situation.  He is in way over his head for a one man job.  He got a little behind and now he is trying to play catch up.  This still does not excuse 30 days delay.  His website specifically says  "All orders are shipped on the following business day".  That is taken directly from his site.  Im sick of all the promises.  I simply want my money back.
                  ADA mini-m planted
                  ADA mini-m riparium
                  ADA 30-C nano reef
                  ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
                  ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
                  Eheim 90cm SA biotope
                  110g Peacocks

Comment

Originally posted by screename";p="
                    I am a very patient person.  I have given Ryan MULTIPLE opportunities to redeem himself.  Every ship date is pushed back a few days and then something else comes up.  I UNDERSTAND he is in a bad situation.  He is in way over his head for a one man job.  He got a little behind and now he is trying to play catch up.  This still does not excuse 30 days delay.  His website specifically says  "All orders are shipped on the following business day".  That is taken directly from his site.  Im sick of all the promises.  I simply want my money back.
                    I agree with you.  If he can't provide the inventory, then he needs to refund you your money.
                    Raul
                    PokerFace

Comment

Not talking down on Ryan since I had good service from him but this was way back when he was still more of a hobbyist than business man.

Personally it sounds like he sold something he didn't have and is using new money to cover old orders.

I would definitely submit a claim.....with only 15 days left every day is crucial.

Not to make matters worse but maybe that 50% off with gas reciept from fish gallery turned out to be a not so bad deal? Heck I pump about $90 worth of gas a week.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

FG deal was for May.  Did they extend through June?
                        Raul
                        PokerFace

Comment

Doubt they extended it but sn could have gotten the cardinals from there instead?
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

if someone doesnt have the product to sell then they should put out of stock on item and quit selling product they dont have. everyone can understand that. but saying you have item and then not sending it is very very bad business practice. i dont know the person myself and have not oredered. but any small business owner will tell you it isnt as easy as they thought it would be ( i will say that one i know personally) but you wont keep any kind of reputation with that kind of mismanagement. and im really sorry for him is that is the customer service that he is giving. he definately wont be around much longer if thats his approach to customer service. If i had a salesperson talk that way to me i would never shop as their location or buy anything from them again. places on my list ( several person that have made bad deals, not naming anybody but there have been a few over the years) FRYS (really bad service with a computer, never going back to them EVER) anyhow i would definately get your money back. they company failed to give you the product within the time they stated they would. And you have given the company (person or not) ample time to deliver. so they have failed and you get your refund. that simple.
                            Never fear I is here
                            David Abeles
                            Vice President
                            Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I didn't think the issue was that he didn't have the merchandise...I thought it was just that he was really, REALLY behind on his orders. ?

If you simply want your money back, screename, then by all means open a dispute. I thought you were more concerned with getting the shrimp and all. But, yeah, there's not much time left! I say do it.
                              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
                              X