Bright Yellow Skinned Sulawesi Snails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright Yellow Skinned Sulawesi Snails

I'm suppose to get some of these next week.  I thought they were pretty cool.  Hoping they breed easy enough, I'd like to have some in a few or all my tanks.
    Raul
    PokerFace

Re: Bright Yellow Skinned Sulawesi Snails

The more and more I see these "sulawesi" snails..... cerith snails
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

hmm, are you getting them from planet inverts? i heard on plantedtank that lots of people didn't recieve their stuff and the owner was banned for life as well...

Comment

Originally posted by mahoro";p="
        hmm, are you getting them from planet inverts? i heard on plantedtank that lots of people didn't recieve their stuff and the owner was banned for life as well...
        My shrimp/snail order was postponed a couple of times, but Ryan(PlanetInverts) has always kept me informed.  He seems like a nice guy who just had a bad time of things unfortuneatly.  Appearrently he has closed his doors till he can get all the BO's out.  He had alot of DOAs on his shipment from overseas.

I'll know more Monday or Tuesday...I have a tracking number and it shows being accepted by the carrier.
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

Hope all goes well...
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

My experience with Planetinverts was kinda hit or miss.
            I've got some really nice shipments from Ryan, but i have also been waiting for my Sulawesis since February. Now I'm down a couple hundred dollars and am about to write it off as a bad investment.

I was somewhat disappointed when he shipped a bunch of shrimp in double bagged breather bags. Needless to say, the shrimp didn't make it.

For some funny reason, he likes to ship stuff on thursday and friday through USPS. In fact, I have a shipment sitting in the postal system as I type this because he dropped the package off at the post office after the cut off time for overnight express on friday. I just hope my stuff arrive okay.

But anyway.. those are nice snails. I've been talking to Frank Kullich in germany, trying to get some in through him. We'll see.
            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

how big do they get?

Comment

Are you gonna try and get your money back from him nacra?
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Not to much info on these.  They ship 1/2" and larger.  I guess I'll find out if everything goes ok with the shipment.
                  Raul
                  PokerFace

Comment

Like cerith snails....probably max out at ~2"
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

snails that you actually want to be in your tank.hmmmm...i may have to look into this.are they legal?are apple snails illegal?

Comment

I would assume they are legal, but when it comes down to it, I dunno.  I just assume that if they were allowed to by imported into the US, then they are ok.  

Cerith snails are saltwater, right?
                        Raul
                        PokerFace

Comment

on some of the fish,its a state thing.i figured snails were the same way.up north,tilapia are ok,in texas,no.in the past,lots of stores had apple snails,i dont see them anymore.i figured they got outlawed.

Comment

I guess as long as people are responsible with their handling of foreign species and don't release them into the wild, it should be fine.
                            I know the Potomac is having quite a hard time battling the accidentally released asian snakeheads.
                            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                              Are you gonna try and get your money back from him nacra?
                              Ek.. I've been trying for weeks now to get my money back. But he keeps giving me the run around. I'm now past the point where i can do a chargeback on my credit card.
                              www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Working...
                              X