X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppy Chow - The Experiment

I have start mixing 2/3 nls and 1/3 puppy chow

Re: Dainichi cichlid food

How long have you been using the puppy chow? Notice a difference yet?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

this week...really want my 40 new ones to take a hold to it....

Comment

OK, for the record. ( Call me stupid) but what is Puppy Chow. I am guessing it is a mixture of alot fo different types of Koi/pelllet foods that have lots of protein.

":Another thing I noticed was this.  When I used to pre-soak all my pellets, DAinichi would swell up and crumble apart.  "
        I don't soak the pellets and by the time it hits the water, it is gone, so I haven't noticed much color change at all, but i have them in a pond outside. It's an external pond at that. It is just a big rectangle above ground.

I ordered it online, but next time I will try to either go through another source or get them at jehmco. They have ok pricing.

It will probably come in in the next couple of days.

EK. How did u use so much so fast. I thought you mix with NLS. Man your fish must be nice size. When I mix, I use a water bottle to mix everyting and feed a cap full from there. It's lasted me probably 2-3 month to use it all.

Phung

Comment

The puppy chow I would be scared to use it on Ilangi, Quoc.

I would use it on the Ulwile's as a test.

I think I am going to use it on the Red Cheeks to see if they will really reach the 20cm that Dr.Schupke writes they will.

Derek, why did you pick 2/3 and 1/3?

Why not more than that?
          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

jsut started this week...in a wek also I waill go to 50%

Comment

Phung,

The puppy chow is a high protein pellet food that is sold in bulk at Ultimate Fish.  John Crowder "fshfrk" uses it in a mix with NLS.

The fish were massively sized 5" females 6" males, but the color was not so good.

So we are looking to experiment with mixes and NLS to get size without sacrificing color.

So we'll see...

Comment

Also, I think he had them in like a 55 or 75 so it was not even a large aquarium where he did this.  I am not sure on that though...

John what size tank did those moops and dubs grow out in?

Comment

Phung.....from reading the little about koi I am thinking the stuff is koi food mix.

As for the Ilangi....I am starting up a super colony of Ilangi fry...I hope to bring the numbers to about 100-200 or so and just stuff them with the puppy chow and do massive multiple water changes to see how far I can go with them!  8)
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

just puppy chow and nothing else?

Please keep a journal.  I would love too see development pics.

I am actually thinking of doing the same with my current wild Red cheeks, and a colony of 20 of my own F1's and see if there will be any gains.

Comment

I am thinking more the lines of 2/3 puppy chow and 1/3 NLS....just to make sure the nutritional value is still there.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Re: Puppy Chow - The Experiment

Has anyone seen a Product Analysis or ingredient chart on this food?

Comment

Geoff, the tank was a 75 gallon. I saw it when I dropped off his pineapples to him from the April shipment. His trews are GIANTS!  8O

Comment

How old were his T's. Has he raised them from fry or adults??  Pretty interesting. Maybe I will mix some Japanese Koi food that I have on the next batch of food I do.

The bad thing about my setup is that I can only see the colors when they turn cause I can only see it from the top of the pond. Guess I have to wait till I pull all of them in November. I will try to take photos, but its gonna be hard.

Phung

Comment

the only reason i mix is for a diverse diet. lie. and to save a little money. i think the duds they are talking about were raised in a 200 gal. at first in grow out tanks. i just think you can save a little money with the mix. if you over feed and do massive water changes like i do.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Working...
                              X