Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great surprise !! Koizilla spotted in pasture pond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great surprise !! Koizilla spotted in pasture pond.

Megan was up at the pasture pond [approx 1/4 acre size] & feeding the minnows?   Kid thing.   She comes back to say she saw Koi.  
    Well story is, I only had smaller pond[550g] & too many so turned 3 up there .  They were 7-9 in.    
    Spotted 2 & plan to cast net LOL 8O  one for new [3500g]pond.  Other will stay to help teach some youngsters to feed & let them grow.  
    Will measure when caught- it has grown plenty since late August.  Plan to photo & keep records of what is released also.
    For now we will continue feeding & practice w/ net on dry land.  
    If any know safer catch method HOLLER!! or are good at casting it.  Borrowed a net but there is definitely an art to it.  LOL
    "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
    "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
    -Dead Man's Chest

Re: Great surprise !! Koizilla spotted in pasture pond.

I'm pretty good with a casting net and if the pond isn't that deep I have a seine net we can drag along to get it.

I released a tiny 3-4" koi into the in-laws lake and we spotted it about a year later and it was massive! Thing had to have been about 15"!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Re: Great surprise !! Koizilla spotted in pasture pond.

Wow - I'm all for you trying.  They come up to bank to the feed so have been going up a couple times a day & when the minnows go crazy they show up.   There is going to be some really fat minnows if Koi doesn't get caught soon.  
      Pond's not too deep but the whole squishy bottom thing --  don't think so.   Cast net sounds better.   Pick a time!!  I can supply cheering on & beverages for you.   :emtthumbs:
      "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
      "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
      -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Working...
      X