dwarf hair grass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwarf hair grass...

so i went to fish gallery today.. and picked up a few ferts. thanks to a long haired guy whos name i didnt catch.  and i was admiring there ada planted tank that had a thick carpet of dwarf hair grass.. and i thought to my self... i want that carpet!! so now im asking where to get it since fish gallery didnt have any for sale and 1800seahorse was closed for inventory and city pets didnt have any or even know what i was talking about.. lol and what should i expect to pay at a lfs?

Re: dwarf hair grass...

I was looking for some a few months ago. It ranged around $4-5 a pot. A pot was supposed to do a 6 x 6 area. I ended up getting micro swords? from Mzungu, that it growing slowly, but looks nice.

Comment

micro swords look nice as well but i dont see dwarf grass as much and i like that.. just need to find a few pots now.

Comment

You might have to order rhrough Aquabid, although i dont recommend Chambers in El Paso.  I think Drsfostersmith also has it for sale.

Comment

Pm screenname....he has E.parvula in a mat that is about 1x3feet.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

check petsmarts and sometimes pet-cos, i know my mart gets some in occasionally. call around or check out the nearest.
            Never fear I is here
            David Abeles
            Vice President
            Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

There are different types.....the one in the ADA tank at FG is parvula while everyone else sells acicularis.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

ricky, unfortunately, you will never find that hairgrass at a LFS.  Try buying some from forum members on the planted sites.  It seems to be a hard to find plant but sometimes you can get lucky.  Its not cheap either.
                ADA mini-m planted
                ADA mini-m riparium
                ADA 30-C nano reef
                ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
                ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
                Eheim 90cm SA biotope
                110g Peacocks

Comment

I got some from bayleesfishees on aquabid.  Great quality on the plants - everything was great.  Free shipping too if the order is over 20$ i think.  http://www.bayleesfishees.com

I think he also has some plants not listed on the website.  Just ask him if you're looking for something in particular.  Also got some earthworm and shrimp pellets from him - the fish love them (I grind them up for the smaller fish, leave whole for the plecos and catfishes.
                  The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                  Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I got mine from Fish Gallery, 3-4 pots about a month or so ago.
                    Keep checking W/ there website for new stock.

Comment

insomniac, are you sure it was parvula and not acicularis?  Ive never seen parvula sold locally.  And there are no plant updates on their website?
                      ADA mini-m planted
                      ADA mini-m riparium
                      ADA 30-C nano reef
                      ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
                      ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
                      Eheim 90cm SA biotope
                      110g Peacocks

Comment

.......and every time they get the stuff in it's always been acicularis.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i went back to fish gallery yesterday and got 3 pots of what he told me was the same as the hair grass in the ada tank.. they were just setting them in the water when i walked in... im glad i got there early..lol

Comment

if it turns out to not be parvula..ill order some from bayleesfishees

Comment

Hey, I bought some plants to the following web site this week and was very satisfied. You may find what you want. Also note that it is not that easy to grow the hair grass as they did at Fish Gallery on that small tank. you need a good substrate, CO2 and also you havre to add Iron to look green or it will look brownish... I have some but I cannot get a nice carpet lke they have since my fishes tore it up all the time:
                              AquariumPlants.com aquarium plants driftwood rock aquascape CO2 lighting

Xavier

Comment

Working...
                              X