Marbled Crayfish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marbled Crayfish?

If anyone is interested....I emailed him just for curiosity and this was the reply:

Welcome to the very first, ORIGINAL website for the Marbled Crayfish (Marmorkrebs) since 2007! This is Procambarus Marmorkrebs "Marbled Crayfish". (Later given many other "scientific names" among squabbling academia, who ALL have their timelines WRONG.) This is one of the strangest

Since it only takes ONE Marbled Cray to spawn a whole colony, these rare animals usually sell to genetic research for over $300 for birth-dated young and $1000 for adults of breeding age. I am selling the 3 week old young ones for $40 each, or $100 for three, plus shipping (outside of North Texas/DFW). Shipping is $28.50 for express (guaranteed) or $14.50 for priority. Yes, I take Paypal, sent to marmorkrebs@MarbleCrayfish.com. I would highly recommend getting 2 or more as they are social animals and enjoy playing with each other....thanks again. Let me know if you would like a couple! Many thanks for your inquiry! - Mark
    215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
    180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
    58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Re: Marbled Crayfish?

Thanks for sharing the info.  Do you have plans to get a couple?
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

You seem to be the cray expert...I would go in on it if a group were to get some...my thought was to get a production of inexpensive feeders for my Peacocks, but they seem expensive for that  

Comment

I keep a few Florida Blue Crays, but I am far from being an expert.  Spot86t is the expert on fishbox.

$38.20 a piece if three individuals went in on this deal.  That's one a piece.  Maybe down the road, but I myself am not interested at this time.

I bet Nick would be interested in this.
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

thats crazy... they reproduce thru cloning...  and they have no known natural origin....

sounds like the forerunners for an alien invasion!

Comment

FYI:
            Apparently he is ready to sell, cuz he sent me this email...

I have decided to run a special in May and sell 5 young crays for $100 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested and thanks! - Mark

Comment

Actually that info is quite outdated. Check the site for new info, and email for new prices on baby, adult, and pregnant Marbled Crays.

http://www.MarbledCrayfish.com

Comment

Thanks for the tip Marmorkrebs....and welcome to the Houston Fish Box.

CF
                Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveCGG";p="
                  If anyone is interested....I emailed him just for curiosity and this was the reply:

Welcome to the very first, ORIGINAL website for the Marbled Crayfish (Marmorkrebs) since 2007! This is Procambarus Marmorkrebs "Marbled Crayfish". (Later given many other "scientific names" among squabbling academia, who ALL have their timelines WRONG.) This is one of the strangest

Since it only takes ONE Marbled Cray to spawn a whole colony, these rare animals usually sell to genetic research for over $300 for birth-dated young and $1000 for adults of breeding age. I am selling the 3 week old young ones for $40 each, or $100 for three, plus shipping (outside of North Texas/DFW). Shipping is $28.50 for express (guaranteed) or $14.50 for priority. Yes, I take Paypal, sent to marmorkrebs@MarbleCrayfish.com. I would highly recommend getting 2 or more as they are social animals and enjoy playing with each other....thanks again. Let me know if you would like a couple! Many thanks for your inquiry! - Mark
                  Don't want to sound like an a$$ but can I get some more authority on this? If the labs are paying $1000 for adults, why are they not buy it from you? Why don't you just sell to them and make more money?

Furthermore, your e-mail is marmorkrebs@MarbleCrayfish.com and the link you posted is www.marbledcrayfish.com.  I'm assuming you design the website and put that information on there.  Current me if I'm wrong.
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Sorry I missed your small print disclaimer on the bottom of your page....." The statements provided in this website reflect the personal experience of the owner, not the results of academic research per se."
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Those look like regular dwarf crays to me....
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

SteveCGG,

Didn't mean to direct my questions at you.  Sorry for the mistake.  
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

No prob...

Comment

Again that is a very old reply with old pricing and old info. Just check the site if interested. Females with eggs now available. www.MarbledCray.com  new updates all the time. And yes, I do sell them for higher prices to academic research because they have large budget for such things.

Originally posted by myjohnson";p="
                            Originally posted by SteveCGG";p="

Don't want to sound like an a$$ but can I get some more authority on this? If the labs are paying $1000 for adults, why are they not buy it from you? Why don't you just sell to them and make more money?

Furthermore, your e-mail is marmorkrebs@MarbleCrayfish.com and the link you posted is www.marbledcrayfish.com.  I'm assuming you design the website and put that information on there.  Current me if I'm wrong.

Comment

avoid marbledcrayfish.com!

I know this is an old thread, but I would recomend avoiding Marbledcrayfish.com

I Ordered 5 Crayfish and shipped via the "cheeper 15 method" per recomendation of Mark. All but 2 Arrived Dead. No recourse as I did not ship overnight. He was rude despite the shipping being at his suggestion as we lived around 150 miles apart. Warning. Would not do buisness with again. Find another Dealer!

Originally posted by Marmorkrebs View Post
                              Again that is a very old reply with old pricing and old info. Just check the site if interested. Females with eggs now available. www.MarbledCray.com Â*new updates all the time. And yes, I do sell them for higher prices to academic research because they have large budget for such things.

Comment

Working...
                              X